Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » community project: trading system

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
community project: trading system
Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Hey. Could I collect taxes ? ;D

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Ron: Sure. but those voluntary taxes are often called donations

Miran: indeed, I'm working on it. I agree we need a nice site.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

Mark Oates is now the richest allegroid

<=== see my avatar change

'pimp chalice' :P

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

I pity the fool who does deals with Mark Oates.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Your avatar looks the same to me. ???

[edit]
Scratched that, I did a full refresh.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I just had a thought: Even if ARTS doesn't save you time or make you rich or anything like that, at the very least it is an excellent way to get your project planning and management skills up :). You know, things like estimating the time you need to complete your task, writing your hours, setting requirements, negotiating contract details, etc. Quite useful if you ask me.

I'm sure some of you do that all the time in real life, but I come from an academic background, where it is not so necessary.

juvinious
Member #5,145
October 2004

That's why I suggested implementing some kind of project management system as an added/extra tool for developers to plan/coordinate/manage/etc their projects.
Also, is there a site in the works? Writing something of this magnitude would be a daunting task. There are plenty of CMS's out there that provide this functionality and would suite the purpose of having something to work with.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I'll work on the site for 12 AR/hr ;D

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I'll do it for 10AR/h!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

this per hour stuff.. give a realistic estimate, and a solid number given the value of AR (since you only get 100, its worth quite alot no?)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

10AR/h is relatively realistic. That gives you 10 hours of work before you have to do some work yourself. You only get 100 if you don't do any work! :P

12AR/h is completely unrealistic, so don't even both with his offer. Just skip on over to mine. ;) (just kidding, of course)

I haven't really commented yet, but I've been following the thread. It sounds like a great idea.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Derezo does his work in 2x the time, so effectively hes charing 20 AR/hr. My offer is clearly the superior price.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You don't charge per hour for a project. You get people to give you estimates on the total, and accept the cheapest one you can afford.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

So programmers are soliciting themselves to other programmers to begin a community service? You guys might be losing sight of the goal of the movement.

I think I will try to start a transaction site tonight. With luck, it will be done for Monday. Please quote me on this to keep me moving :)

If I do this site, I assume I would be placed in charge of the currency, yes? If anyone has any issues with this, let me know immediately so we can work something else out.

If I run this site I think I will do so as follows: all transactions are subject to a 1% service fee, to a maximum of 1 AR, minimum 0.01 AR.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Eh? Amarillion already told me the guidelines and such for me to get a basic site set up soon. It's going to be done in stages.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

How soon is soon? AFAIC, we can either work together or compete for the product ;)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Starting to work this weekend, then doing more work as time progesses.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Plus I won't be charging a service fee :)

edit:

But of course we can work together. I've asked BAF to set up a simple database. Afterwards we can perhaps put the website engine on a subversion repo, so people can submit patches for new features.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Being that this is Allegro.cc, its likely already dead.

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Quote:

Also, is there a site in the works? Writing something of this magnitude would be a daunting task. There are plenty of CMS's out there that provide this functionality and would suite the purpose of having something to work with.

Yes, you suggested webcollab, which seems nice. It doesn't cover all our needs completely though, especally the virtual currency part. We would have to hack it up a bit before it is suitable.

edit:
another remark:

Quote:

You don't charge per hour for a project. You get people to give you estimates on the total, and accept the cheapest one you can afford.

Well, you can define terms in whichever way you want it. If you trust eachoter a little bit, you can agree on a fee per hour, a maximum fee and a deadline. That way the person who takes the job won't have to fear for misestimating the time too much, he gets paid for the hours he works.

If competition is fierce, or if you can do a job way faster than others, it might be better to set a fixed bid.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

I introduce my services to the Allegro Rupee world: escrow!

No more debates about whether the job was done right or is or is not worth the money. With simple contracts, all transactions can go smoothly. Specify an effective date, a project due date and the criteria in the agreement and I will disburse funds depending on the contract's requirements. If you want only half of the money paid after a certain time, it can be done. If you are running low on cash but are expecting more soon, the money can be disbursed in increments.

My fee is only 1% of the total payment (2AR minimum). An additional minimum of 2AR is charged for the drafting of an agreement. All agreements are "signed" by agreeing to them via a PM to me.

Note: I'm kidding (I don't really have time for this). Thought it'd be a cool idea though.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

how much would a contract be if you charge 1% with a min of 2 ? :o for just 2 to be 1 percent, thats 200AR.. Noone even has 200AR, and at the most, half of the entire population would be able to gather that much, while the other half have none.

--

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Thomas Fjellstrom: You must realize that he wants 2AR at a minimum and if 1% is more than 2AR he want's that instead? ??? edit: (Plus the 2AR for drafting the agreement.)

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Like all good investors, I'm looking toward the future. Should any 250AR transactions ever pass, I'll be rich off of the rounding alone! ;)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Thomas Fjellstrom: You must realize that he wants 2AR at a minimum and if 1% is more than 2AR he want's that instead?

No. He said he wants 1% or 2AR which ever is highest.

--

Go to: