Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Snoopy Sprites

Credits go to GameCreator for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Snoopy Sprites
FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

I'm looking for Snoopy snoopy.gif sprites, for a walking animation.
Does anyone know where to get them?

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Felipe Maia
Member #6,190
September 2005

It shouldn't be hard to make them out of that one, should it? Just switch legs and hands?

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Ehr... i am completely inept at such things... could you give it a try?

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

I would like to help but I have some questions:
1. What height (in pixels) does the sprite need to be (maximum)?
2. How many frames does the animation need to be?
3. What file format do you want the result in?

Also, as a heads-up, there is a Snoopy game out there. I didn't find it until I started searching for Snoopy Run instead of Snoopy Walk images in google.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Thanks GameCreator.
1)I'm working with a 640x480 screen so i'd say that the maximum height would be 140-150px
2)Not that many, 3 or 4 would be ok.
3)32-bit

I didn't specify any of this infos before because i'm able to resize and colour reduce and didn't want to reduce my chances to get something already done, but since you're so kind to make them of the correct size... :)
Btw it's not for a game, but for a little, computer rendered, "cartoon" i'm making as a present for a friend.

[edit]for your new point 3)
3)bmp is ok

I'm looking at the link...

[edit2]
The game was a little boring but had some nice gfx (quite a few things i can rip from there!), very useful!

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Alrighty. I'll do what I can. I'll try to take care of it tonight. (Sorry about the edit in the previous post.)

Edit: Also, do you want his arms to move as he walks? It seems like they don't in that picture you posted above.

Edit 2: Online Snoopy animated sprites... but not quite what you're looking for. (It looks like I was right. Seems he doesn't move his arms when he walks.)

Edit 3: Another walking one. I think I can do better. :)

Edit 4: My attempt at Snoopy animation frames is attached.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Great work Game Greator, thank you very much :)

Go to: