Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Make dont work on windows XP

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Make dont work on windows XP
Quiñones
Member #6,598
November 2005

if u r using windows xp, and you upgraded from windows 98 heres a fact

i installed djgpp following instructions
but when trying to compile allegro, make just didnt worked

ERROR MESSAGE:
"Your PATH is not set correctly! This must include the djgpp bin directory: see the djgpp reamde.1st for details"

SOLUTION:
go to the directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and edit the file AUTOEXEC.NT, in this file you must include this lines

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;c:\djgpp\bin
set DJGPP=c:\djgpp\DJGPP.ENV

NOTICE:
the autoexec.nt file exists just if u upgraded from win98 to winxp whitout formating your hd.

i already followed the instructions to add the djgpp/bin directory and to set djgpp environment variable, but my command just keep using autoexec.nt when running make, if u got the same problem this will work perfectly.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Do not use DJGPP under Windows XP. Get MinGW.

And for the love of Dog, please don't type like that.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Dominic Guhl
Member #6,595
November 2005

!-marked as offtopic by author-!

Is Dog a member? I don't understand this joke.
But you are right, this kind of typing is bad :-/

I must even acclimatize to typing without upper cases before each noun in english. That's because I'm german. And the crazy Germans are typing each "Noun with upper Cases".

"Ich bin Deutscher.Und die verrückten Deutschen schreiben jedes Nomen groß."

You can be sure: the upcased words in the sentence above are nouns.

Although I found it really silly, to type words in the middle of a sentence upcased, it may be amusing for non-german speakers.

Why did I post this? Well, if they are some soccer fans (for the britains:"football fans") between you, they want to go to the world cup next year in my homeland, they should just be warned! ;)

For further informations, what you should attend, before you come to Germany next year, you can post here or email: don.gee[at]web.de

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

(This is off topic too)

Quote:

for the britains:"football fans"

Actually only Americans and Germans say soccer (possibly Cnadians too, I don't know). Everyone else says football. :)

--
sig used to be here

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Though using DJGPP under XP is discouraged a much better solution would be to define these variables in windows environment variables located somewhere deep in My Computer -> properties

Dominic Guhl
Member #6,595
November 2005

@miran: The Germans doesn't say soccer. They even says "football". But I try to use american english, so the people may can better understand me. You're right: football is another sport in the US and so "our" football is called "soccer" there.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

OT:

Quote:

Is Dog a member? I don't understand this joke.

I don't know the German version of the original saying, but try reading `dog' backwards and you should get the idea.

Quote:

But I try to use american english, so the people may can better understand me.

Don't bother. `soccer' is one of those things I was taught early on not to bother with. Just stick to `football'. Everyone outside the USA will know what you're talking about and most people in the USA should also know because they call their version of football American Football (which I take it is more like rugby).
Confusing, isn't it? ;)

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

But I try to use american english, so the people may can better understand me.

You even used American Bush English in this sentence. Sorry, couldn't resist ;).

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva
Member #4,212
January 2004

[OFF TOPIC = ON]

[VERY STUPID = ON]

Ok, so let's say that you shouldn't post in english because it is not a good language to describe problems and the solution, post in another language, but don't use german, spanish, chinese, italian, danish, japanese, portuguese or anything like that too. Use the C language which is no doubt, very good to that.

Let's see how your first post would looks like if you post using C language instead of english:

1#include <stdio.h>
3void fix_djgpp();
4void install_djgpp();
5void solution();
6void notice();
8int main() {
9 add_dir("djgpp/bin");
10 set_variable("DJGPP");
11 if (make_running("autoexec.nt")) fix_djgpp();
12}
14void fix_djgpp() {
15 if (u.using == WINDOWS_XP && windows.upgradefrom == WINDOWS_98) {
16 install_djgpp();
17 notice();
18 }
19}
21void install_djgpp() {
22 const char *errormsg = "Your PATH is not set correctly! This must include the djgpp bin directory: see the djgpp reamde.1st for details";
23 if (!strcmp(make(), errormsg)) solution();
24}
26void solution() {
27 chdir("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32");
28 FILE *edit = fopen("AUTOEXEC.NT", "a+b");
29 include_lines(edit, "PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;c:\djgpp\bin");
30 include_lines(edit, "set DJGPP=c:\djgpp\DJGPP.ENV");
31 fclose(edit);
32}
34void notice() {
35 autoexec_dot_nt->exists = !hd.formattedwhenupgrading;
36}

;D;D;D

[VERY STUPID = OFF]

[OFF TOPIC = OFF]

[The attack of the space bugs - Speedhack 2005] [Rambananas - Speedhack 2006] [Make clean - Speedhack 2009] [The source god - TINS 2010]

Corelian
Member #3,376
March 2003

Quote:

Let's see how your first post would looks like if you post using C language instead of english:

:P Your function names, variable names and the error message are in English. So, not much point in doing that.

Go to: