Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » windows.h vs. allegro.h + winalleg.h

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
windows.h vs. allegro.h + winalleg.h
umperio
Member #3,474
April 2003

I tryed to convert the coldet opengl demo to work with alleggl and after a lot of wasted time I noticed that the demo stop to work when I replace windows.h with allegro.h + winalleg.h. Is that possible? Shouldn't they work the same? I replaced all the floats around with GLfloats just to be sure, but the problem is still there. Any hint why it should act this way?:(

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Its hard to tell without code, or a good descrition of how it doesnt work anymore, but it may be the opengl demo uses windows BITMAPs, or something.

umperio
Member #3,474
April 2003

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

It does stuff with win32 drawing API, so it may not work at all with winalleg. How does it "not work" -- does it crash? Or not compile?

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

I don't see any use of BITMAP, so I doubt that. The only thing I see from a quick glimps is that you comment out gl\gl.h and gl\glu.h and don't replace them with the proper GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h..

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

umperio
Member #3,474
April 2003

"Doesn't work" means, the openGL code works perfectly, I see the 2 pyramids rotating, but their collision is not detected.

Kitty, I removed glu since is no more necessary and changed gl.h to your suggestion, still doesn't work though

Go to: