This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Empire Allegro 2
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Quote:

after capturing the green base, two green units remained on the map

Okay, that problem's fixed now. A static int wasn't being reset.

How did you manage to fix that bug so quickly with such a vague description? Your debug-fu is strong! :D

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Ok....I fixed your save game bug!!! HEHEHE! The game does not start with the directory called "saved". If you create this directory, all works just fine! Maybe add some code to check for this, and create said directory? Excellent game...quite addictive! ::)

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

That was the problem? Aaaaaaaaargh!

Okay, the zip files now contain a saves folder. Thanks!

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

Corelian
Member #3,376
March 2003

Keep in mind that some Windows Zip-utilities (WinZip?) are broken, i.e. they won't extract empty directories from an archive.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

I know, I added an empty text file to the folder to avoid that.

-----

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I read in a PC mag out here about an online and free Advance Wars (is that the right name?) clone except with high-res gfx.. Looked purty. :)

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Black Mage:
I have some tiles you can use for the terrain if you don't care to let me use some of the unit images....of course I will change them some...

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Quote:

I read in a PC mag out here about an online and free Advance Wars (is that the right name?) clone except with high-res gfx

I thought I saw something like that a while (maybe a year or so) ago, but a quick googling didn't turn up anything.

Quote:

I have some tiles you can use for the terrain if you don't care to let me use some of the unit images....of course I will change them some...

I'm fine with you using the unit images, but whether or not you can do that is really up to X-G.

-----

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Yeah....I couldn't find it either, but I did see Advanced Wars 2! It has an online map editor you can play with. I've included the terrain images...I will be using these and a few others in my game. You are free to use them....but if you do, please be nice and mention me. I've made several of these before, but some got lost when I had to kill XP...:'( Such is life I guess...:P

--

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

1   2 

Go to: