Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Who Do You Miss Most?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Who Do You Miss Most?
SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Yes and no Avenger :). And yes, I'll have smc record her voice too if you want.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

You bought an mic just to show (is there a better word for this;)) your voice to us:o

You can get them for two bucks. :) That's how much mine cost, anyway ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

my $10 headset has one. Have smc record her voice too. :)

Quote:

"Slow down ... you are over working your fingers, your keyboard, and MY SERVER! :)"

I get that all the time. Esp when there are good threads going. Go back to OT or another forum, thread, post, repeat.

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

My mic was $15. Logitech, came with 4 different color ear pieces, it's nice.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

..I skipped over this thread.
Miss me? ;)

Quote:

I pronounce it der-ez-oh. Which sounds like a character from sesame street. ;)

Which is how I pronounce it as well, but I've heard allllll sorts of stuff.
Oddly enough, "Dezaro" (Dezz air oh) is the most common. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. My dad says it, my mom says it, people at work say it... everyone on the internet spells it like that, too.. Seen it 10 times or more on here spelled that way :P

My friend says Drizzo.. but that's just because when he first saw the nickname he was pronouncing everything all funny "Drezzo? Dezo? Dezaro? Drizzo?" and now he calls me Drizzo :P
..well, not very often, but it's the name he has on his cell phone for my number.. heh

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

How do people confuse Derezo with Dezaro?

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Oddly enough, "Dezaro" (Dezz air oh) is the most common. Which makes absolutely no sense at all.

.... but Derezo does, eh?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Your parents call you Derezo too? :o

-R

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

... but Derezo does, eh?

Well.. .. no, but they're pronouncing it backwards! ;)

Quote:

Your parents call you Derezo too? :o

Not on a regular basis, heh.. However, I've had people from the internet call my house on numerous occasions. When I was a game moderator a few of the players desperately wanted to contact me just to talk, or ask me questions about the game (most commonly needing the directions through the levels I had created ::)).

Anyway, here's a couple voice recordings. The first I just did for fun.. the second is how I answer the phone at work. ;D

[url http://zeus.ebtech.net/erics/ews/milton.wav]
[url http://zeus.ebtech.net/erics/ews/technicalservices.wav]

Not the greatest quality, but this microphone isn't very good...

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Office Space! WOOO!
I'm gonna burn the building down.

EDIT: Oh, and your micro-a-phone is....horrible.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Yeah. Glad I tried it out for this, I was going to order one on Monday... :o

It's an LG TSound behind-the-neck headset combo.. which was $5 (before markup). ;D
Wonder if the sennheiser is any good.... it's $20 before markup.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Sennheiser is supposed to be really good for sound. Well at least for headphones.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I have sennheiser headphones which are quite nice. Insanely comfortable, and on my MP3 player the peak volume is by far louder than my other two sets of headphones (Half decent Sony Set & Cheapo Mushkin Ear Buds).

OTOH, a friend of mine had a headset from Sennheiser for his phone... and it seemed to be about the same quality as that LG TSound set.. :( So....I wonder if it was just that model, because otherwise Sennheiser seems to make fantastic products.

Avenger
Member #4,550
April 2004

I paid about $50 for my headset:)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Mine were about $40 and sound great... well they used to back when I bought them. They've been through a lot of cold/hot weather changes and rough conditions. Plus their old.. :P

[edit]
Koss td/80

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Mars
Member #971
February 2001

I somewhat miss Gabhonga or whatever he called himself later on the forums.

--
This posting is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Funny, Eric sounds like milton from Office Space :o

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

You all sound so American (or Canadian)! ;D

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

You sound british. And your avatar is cute in a scary way. I should upload my/smc voice today. What to say what to say...

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Actually, eastern canadians tend to sound more british than anything.. Albertans have a US based economy (or we did till we got majorly screwed a few times in several industries, so now we are moving towards asia and other markets), and a western US based accent ;)

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I don't really notice an accent with middle-eastern Canadians (..ontarians..). We sound "american" as far as I can tell.
I definitely don't think we sound british :P

Quote:

Funny, Eric sounds like milton from Office Space :o

I hope you realized I was joking, though. ;D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

hmm. OOOOHHHHH.. You though I meant from the first file.. No. hehe. Your second one sounds damn near identical!

--

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Ack! No :P

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

SSC: You should get SMC to say this:
"Hi there! This is a premium rate sex number, If you'd like a)..." (fill in your own blanks)

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

She said this and I quote: "He can kiss my ass"

Go to: