Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Who Do You Miss Most?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Who Do You Miss Most?
Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Attached is an old recording I made for an RTS I was working on... must have been five or six years ago. That's the most recent one I have though. Note that I've twisted my voice slightly in that recording, which is something I'm reasonably good at (for the Dutch people among us, I do a decent Paulus de Boskabouter, a nearly perfect Oehoeboeroe and a downright mean Eucalypta).

X-G: haven't heard it yet, I'm saving the recordings for listening to tomorrow.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Opps, I attached the wrong (clipped) file... there we go.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

CK said:

Gideon: Geeky. ;)

Well, it's better than a creepy redneck voice! Heheh. I expected you to sound a little like Beavis (not a lot, though), but more intelligent with a degree of sharpness; that's how I imagine gnolam's voice most of the time. It probably has something to do with his choice of avatars.

Ultio, awesome quote. The blooper's even better, though.

I can't get William's second response to play. And why is everyone using ogg? The ogg developers are very open about how inappropriate their codec is for voice... Though, I'm not sure if it's worse than a VBR mp3. It sounds like it is.

Yes, I am saving these to my hard drive as a back-up for 23's.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Everyone's has played fine for me (Winamp).
And I just did Ogg cause it seemed like the thing to use at the time.

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

Next thread should be pictures, once again. If so, I'll have to get an updated cheese-doodle pic ready!

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Forget that, how about we find a picture and add sounds to it :)

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Well, I've already posted mine in Peter Hull's thread, but I can post it again:
A typical Swedish sentence, as read by me

Err... maybe I should do a serious recording... ;)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Seems I can't find my mic, or my camera that includes a mic.. So you'll all have to do without my voice :o

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Changing my nick threw a lot of people for a loop cause I dropped my quote and quit asking my usual questions cause I mainly quit caring about anything except my life.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I hate it when people change thier nicks. Its like changing your real name, it changes who you are.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

gnolam... serious about something.... nah...

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Dare I say this is how the X-G voices have always sounded like in my head? :-/

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

ML, you have a weird name.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

And, what do I sound like to you guys?

WH: You sound like BAF, except less hyper.
Ultio: You don't sound like you run a video store.

As for the other respectable oldies, you all sound the same to me in my head. Nothing differentiates, except in the serious threads, where personal opinions appear that don't exactly matter. :)

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

TF: Not big on Shakespeare huh? "Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" Answer is yes because a name makes nothing. The personality is what makes a person. I could change my name or nick a thousand times and I would still be me. If a person changes the way they are towards something then you need to look deeper than just nicks and names.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

The personality is what makes a person.

No, it's situation and how the person reacts to it. Personality is the general "instant reaction" a person has to just about everything. What makes a person? Experience and purposefully-applied knowledge/skill.

I would be happy marrying some woman with a horrible personality, as long as we both had a deep understanding and connection. We all have problems, some of us fewer than others, personalities should be left at the door when communicating through text until grounds are established for communication. I.e. a good introduction and general meet-me time where a person can learn what's not acceptable orwho likes what. Et cetera.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

The nice thing about hearing voices is you can just record them and sell them as audio for the blind.

Allegro.cc goes hill-billy. (2.6MB) :o This is just a preview, if you want the full DVD with all the threads, you'll have to buy it.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Do I get a moderator discount? :o

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Of course, honey. :-* It's already in the mail.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

DG: Not sure you saw it, but I said earlier (probably in another thread) that I just don't get poetry ;) And really, if a Rose was called "Ass Bud" you might think twice about smelling it.

--

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Oh man, Matthew, that was great. Richard sounds like a southpark charactor.

How bored were you?

p.s. I like Matthews version of my voice... I sound like I haven't been out of my basement in ten years.

[edit]

Quote:

Though, I'm not sure if it's worse than a VBR mp3. It sounds like it is.

You shut yer mouth! >:( ;) It actually sounds (more-or-less) exactly like the wave, since it's set to go as high as 320. But, as I already mentioned, my mic sucks (and I'm too lazy to EQ it).

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Wetimer
Member #1,622
November 2001

Alright...

I just have to know....

What do I sound like to all of you? Or am I too minor a character to have my own voice?

<code>if(Windows.State = Crash) Computer.halt();</code>

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

What do I sound like to all of you? Or am I too minor a character to have my own voice?

You have no avatar. Nobody cares.

(:P)

Rob Fletcher
Member #2,830
October 2002

Quote:

I suspect that all of us 100+ forum-rank kids all have the same 'murmuring of the crowd' sound. Which is why it is important for us to indicate our voices in our posts, even if we need to use the third person.

... remarked Rob in the soothing yet commanding tones of Keifer Sutherland's voice.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

ML you aren't being very consistant. I don't think I'll buy the DVD. I mean first I sound like a hippie, and then it morphs into a hick voice.

Very funny though, good work.

Kanzure: I was gonna post that :(

Go to: