Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Wars Final Version released!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Wars Final Version released!
Lenman
Member #4,522
April 2004

The final version of my strategy game Wars was just released. I finally finished it and would be glad if you guys would try it and give me some feedback.
Go to project's homepage
Go to download directly

--------------------------------------------------------
My newest game: Tough Terry|Come visit my homepage!

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. -John Titor

Carlos Pizarro
Member #4,387
February 2004

It's nice but IMHO in this kind of game you need to make a IA player or an Internet option (or Lan); I play with myself (I Won! :D ) and with my brother half an hour but I really don't like to share my keyboard with another one person and that 1/2 hour is the most I can get him to stay playing. (He likes playing but CS - HF and alikes)

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

I agree with Carlos. I foud the game pretty good. Graphics do not have a big detail but take right place in the game.

The lack of AI or network capabilities (I'd prefer this last, AI are harder to imlement IMHO) halves this game's potential.

Lenman
Member #4,522
April 2004

Thank you for your feedback.
I wanted to add AI, but it was too complicated. I'm still a n00b in programming, this was my first bigger project.
When I managed to add AI or network capabilities, I'll inform you.

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. -John Titor

decsonic
Member #4,150
December 2003

pretty good, but whats with the win32 binary installer without an uninstaller? ;)

Programmer's paranoia: Don't trust anybody's code, not even your own.

Human Modeling Tutorials

Lenman
Member #4,522
April 2004

It's not really an installer, it's a program that lets you choose a folder to unzip some files ::)

decsonic
Member #4,150
December 2003

Any program that extracts some software and creates shortcuts to it is an installer ;D

Programmer's paranoia: Don't trust anybody's code, not even your own.

Human Modeling Tutorials

Go to: