Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Need Windows/OSX .ogg lib

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Need Windows/OSX .ogg lib
Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Hey everyone, its time to put music into my game and I want to know if there are any good ogg player libs for windows and mac osx (linux would be good too, but not required). Preferibly easy to use aswell. :)

I just recently located DUMBOGG, but im not sure if it compiles on OSX, it dosent say so in the docs :P

I guess Fmod could be a last resort, but last time I checked, its OSX support isnt very good.

Any suggestions are very welcome

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

There's alogg, which is preferred over DUMBOGG, but you'll have to see yourself if it compiles on OSX.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Fmod would work too.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Fmod is excellent but it seems every time they update the API to a new version something in the old API breaks and you have to change your functions :P Glad to see they added mac support as well.

Kid Russia
Member #5,148
October 2004

I always go with FMOD

Sometimes I don't know whether to kick the mone or check the conee, I flew like a rubber dingy thats right

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

The latest APEG can handle Ogg just fine. :)

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

I agree with Steve. FMod is a great lib, and I use it, but it's annoying that they do minor changes to the API that breaks compatibility. It's getting annoying :P

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Woah, I found Audiere which looks so mint its insane. The only downside is that it has like 4 support libs that need to be installed beforehand.

If Audiere fails, or becomes to much of a hastle, I will check out APEG. That looks really good too. :)

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

fmod also has an awful licensing system. That's the main reason I'm boycotting it. :-)

Marcello

Go to: