Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » swedish tranlation

Credits go to RallyMonkey and X-G for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
swedish tranlation
FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

This winter i went to Sweden for a MUN (Model United Nations) and i was hosted by a swedish family; when i came back to Italy i kept in touch with them by e-mail.
Now i'd like to send them an e-mail written partly in swedish, but unfortunately my swedish stops after God morgon, hag heter Mithrandir... could you help me translating this text? :)

"Dear Angelica and Mikaela,
quite some time has passed from my last e-mail, so to make you forgive me i'll write this letter partly in swedish ;)
How are things going? Here in Italy things go quite fine, the weather is nice and ,since we still have summer temperatures, we can go to the beaches and take swims.
Last time i heard from you had just returned from Africa, done any other interesting trips?
As you may have noticed i wasn't able to come back to Sweden this summer, unfortunately my athletics club didn't have enough money for the trip; maybe next year.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Fabio"

Thanks in advance :D

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

unfortunatelly my swedish stops after God morgon, hag heter Mithrandir...

Actually it stops right in the middle of that. ;)

Meh. Prepare for sappy Swedish. The others are going to kill me for this...

"Kära Angelica och Mikaela,
Det har gått ett tag sen mitt senaste e-mail, så för att få er att förlåta mig så skriver jag det här brevet delvis på svenska. ;)
Hur är det? Här i Italien är allting bra, vädret är fint och eftersom att vi fortfarande har sommarvärme så kan vi gå och bada på stranden.
Sist vi hördes hade ni precis kommit hem från Afrika. Har ni gjort några andra intressanta resor?
Som ni kanske har märkt kunde jag inte komma tillbaka till Sverige denna sommar. Min sportklubb hade tyvärr inte tillräckligt med pengar för en resa; kanske nästa år.
Sitter fast på forum översättandes brev åt italienare, skicka hjälp!
Hoppas att vi hörs igen snart,
Fabio."

;D

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

[Edit] I wrote something here... But now it´s gone ;)

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

You can tell still because of one of the words in one of the sentences. ;)

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

X-G said:

Sitter fast på forum översättandes brev åt italienare, skicka hjälp!

What does this mean... ;D:-X

RallyMonkey: thanks for the hint :)

I hope the text is now bug-free :P

kentl: Punishment for editing your post: no credits ;D

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

kentl: Punishment for editing your post: no credits

http://www.pearls.org/images/crying.jpg

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

No, really, i'm curious what did you write?

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Something about "I have been sitting on a forum all day. Send help."

Or do you mean Kentl? He said the line to take out because XG was trying to play a prank.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

Something about "I have been sitting on a forum all day. Send help."

Close! ... but no cigar ;)

Still, I'm impressed... :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Hey, I don't know any foreign languages. I know a little Spanish and that is it. Come to think of it, I barely know English.

---

Joel Pettersson
Member #4,187
January 2004

he wrote:

Is stuck on forums translating letters for italians, send help!

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

So I left a little out. Sue me.

No, seriously. Try to sue me.

---

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Closer, but no cigar. My writing is more grammatically correct than that. ;P

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Joel Pettersson
Member #4,187
January 2004

Am stuck on forums translating letters for italians, send help!

Is that better?

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Then maybe i should have left that sentence in :P
They live in Kalmar, do you live anywere near X-G?

BTW thanks for the translation.
(not tranlation as in the topic title :P)

[edit]
Joel: I'm stuck on a forum translating letters for italians, send help! ;)

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

Is that better?

Yes. But I prefer Trapped on forum translating letters for italians, send help! to fit with the classic quotes. ;)

Quote:

They live in Kalmar, do you live anywere near X-G?

My home-home is near Kalmar. I live in Gothenburg though, on the other coast.

EDIT:

Quote:

I'm stuck on a forum translating letters for italians, send help!

No, I omitted the word "I" from the sentence. "Am stuck on..." is more accurate considering what I wrote.

--

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Some info about Kalmar if it´s of interest. :)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

My home-home is near Kalmar. I live in Gothenburg though, on the other coast

Want to know their address? ;D

Quote:

No, I omitted the word "I" from the sentence. "Am stuck on..." is more accurate considering what I wrote.

Mine was just a shot in the dark based on what was said :)

[edit]
kentl: Yeah, i've been to Kalmar and i think its a nice town, i've also been to Kalmar's greatest pride, the naval museum!
In Italy its rare to see some snow, so to see Kalmar all in white, with the frosted sea, sure was exciting an experience.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

Whant to know their address?

Why'd I want that..?

In other news, this is my fourth post in this thread. That means that from now on, I will only edit this post rather than reply. His Contradictory Cokebottle demands it.

--

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Quote:

In other news, this is my fourth post in this thread. That means that from now on, I will only edit this post rather than reply. His Contradictory Cokebottle demands it.

Ouch! When did this happen?

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Since I have been here. It was on one of the first posts I ever read on A.cc

---

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Ouch! When did this happen?

X-G's been on a short leash (5 posts, precisely) in the OT forum for a while now ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

I lived in Kalmar some years ago. :)

And that was a hilarious Discworld reference there, X-G! ;D

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Får ej övertäckas? ;)

Now who was it that could only say that in finnish and nothing else...

You don't deserve my sig.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

The Censored One said:

Why'd I want that..?

Well, you are the one who was asking for help :P

1   2 

Go to: