Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Electronics.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Electronics.
SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Why do they look better? Shouldn't they play the same? ???

Sabrina: I've sigged you, will you sig me? -Thomas Fjellstrom

12-06-07

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

They should, but they do not. They're emulated on the PS2.
It's almost like running DOS on WindowsXP... but not quite that buggy ;D

[edit] They do play the same, but there's graphical glitches. One of the best examples is Lion heart (squall's crazy limit break thing) in FFVIII... as well as .. what was it called.. battle zone? Not to mention the ultima spell.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

raist0069
Member #2,736
September 2002

Quote:

Why do you need both PS's if you have a PS 2?

All the old systems I could get rid of, I just use emulators. Don't think my PS1 even works anymore. I have always had a bad habbit of keeping things I don't really need, "I may regret getting rid of it later".

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Quote:

Wow, RallyMonkey is up to date on his gamage tools.

Took me long enoguh though. I just got my PS2 2 years ago. And I just got my Xbox 4 months ago on my b-day. I have to wait for price drops. Even though my Xbox is the awesome green Halo bundle.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

desktop computer, laptop, stereo set, cable modem, ethernet hub, two lamps.. That's it. I'm not big into stationary electronics. ;)

You don't deserve my sig.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

GC, GCP, PS, DC, N64, SNES, NES, TV, VCR. Also the computer (and attached peripherals), alarm clock, decent stereo ... think that's it.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Hmm, lets see... I have my computer, my old 486 that I don't use but still works fine (it usually acts as a sortof stool to put stuff on), an old SUN computer I intend to get working one day, a TV I never use, my old Atari 2600 is in a drawer. My SNES is out again because I decided to clean it (cat pissed on it a while back) and see if it still works.
That's it basically. My computer doubles as a CD and DVD player. Oh, no, that's not it - I have an old tape recorder as well. It, too, acts like a table that simply contains other junk (magazines, if I recall correctly).

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

I have a watch.

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

/me hopes for a Metroid Prime edition GameCube. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

o_o; All you have is a watch? gives him her PDA >_>

12-06-07

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

One desktop tower with associated monitor, mouse, keyboard, 4.1 speaker system, Wacom Graphrie2 tablet, a server tower with a malfunctioning motherboard, a TV, a PS2 with two gamepads and USB converter, an old radio, a DDR dance mat... an alarm clock?

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Uh oh... X-G is the DDR king! :D

12-06-07

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Computer, another computer, Amiga 1200, 20" tv, 14" tv (for the amiga), vcr, ps2 with no games, GBA with a few games, Alarm clock. And no watch.

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Oh, and a laptop. I can't imagine why I forgot to mention the laptop.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

Uh oh... X-G is the DDR king!

Eh? X-G! I challenge you to a DU-AL!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Two desktop computers (of which one acts as a TV/emulation station/everything, and one is for random testing), one laptop, lame 2.1 speaker system, TFT screen, ADSL modem, UPS, wireless headphones, wired headphones, cellphone, desk fan, ceiling fan, Volito tablet, microwave-oven, water heater, coffee machine, fridge. Plus some lights.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

DU-AL is accepted! You going down! Aye, puppy. Down.

Calieeenteee... donde esta Harvey? Harvey esta DOWN.

--

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Darn.. I forgot to add my cellphone too. :) And my normal phone.. which is crappy but that's okay.

12-06-07

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

X-G said:

a DDR dance mat

Yes, but is it a Cobalt Flux? I thought not. ;D

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

X-G is poor student from cold north. X-G no afford luxurious bling bling. X-G have to settle for pasta, or X-G no buy new Radeon card.

--

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

It's okay X-G... you'll be richer than all of us one day.

But then we'd probably hit you up for money.. So don't tell us. ;D

12-06-07

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

sscluvsme said:

o_o; All you have is a watch? gives him her PDA >_>

... Public Display of Affection? SSC's gonna be pissed. ;)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Ok, we've had various stalker threads, but I believe this is the first "Burgle me!" thread ;)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

NO! >< Not that PDA.. The palm pilot..

Burgle me? What's that mean?

12-06-07

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

NO! >< Not that PDA..

Yeah. >:( Obviously, that kind is reserved for me. 8-)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

1   2   3 

Go to: