1   2   3 
You are what you eat
Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I am what I eat? So are you saying I'm a tasty Kebab? :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

you do start a lot of threads :P

on topic: ick.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

I am what I eat? So are you saying I'm a tasty Kebab?

Nothing like a good slab of human meat in the mornin'.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I'm bored today..

Hey this potato tastes like sh.. oh sh..! it is sh..!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Phipps: Here's another scary fact for you: Excrement is widely used as a fertilizer for crops! Ewwwwww!

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Quote:

You are what you eat

Then how come I'm not fat? Or pizza shaped? I eat a lot of junkfood and candy but I'm still thin. Anyone knows about a diet to help me gain a little weight?

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Cookie Man said:

Phipps: Here's another scary fact for you: Excrement is widely used as a fertilizer for crops! Ewwwwww!

yes, but it isnt possibly radioactive waste :P

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

I eat a lot of junkfood and candy but I'm still thin. Anyone knows about a diet to help me gain a little weight?

I'm going to kill you now.

--

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Quote:

I'm going to kill you now.

Got to catch me first! ;D

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

What about manure? Why is it so much more acceptable than human excrement?

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

cows dont use drugs or spreading aids or hiv, i guess.

---

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

Anyone knows about a diet to help me gain a little weight?

Count your calories for a week and you'll probably find that you don't eat enough to gain weight.

That's what I found when I counted my calories. I only eat ~2300 calories on a normal day, 3500 -- which is what I want -- on a day where I "try". 2800 is 'normal' for a person of my size with an active lifestyle. I burn something like 1800 if all I do is sleep for the entire day.

Whether the calories are 'good' or 'bad' will determine whether you put on 'lean muscle' (or crap it out if you don't use the calories) or just extra 'blubbery padding'.
Good: Steak, with mashed potatoes and green beans. No sauces. (~600 calories)
Bad: One Nestle 455ml Rolo Milkshake. (~450 calories)

As for the article. That's gross :P

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

cows dont use drugs or spreading aids or hiv, i guess.

Heh, if I ever design a pinball machine I'll change the obligatory "winners don't use drugs!" to "cows don't use drugs!" ;D

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

"cows don't use drugs!"

Trivia: Most pinball machines from Williams mention cows somewhere.

I remember the time I played Arabian Nights, hit the ball into the bazaar a number of times and got as a reward "A brand new cow!" which promptly exploded and awarded me 1,000,000 points. ;D

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

If you only eat 1000 calories a day and you need 2000, does your body use 1000 from your fat stores? Or does your metabolism slow down first?

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

RP: Depends on your body type. I only know about my own. :P
In which case... I don't really know! I've only looked into gaining weight.. not so much losing it.

Calories aren't the be all and end all.
I edited my last post.
There's a difference between 2000 calories of twinkies and 2000 calories of cucumbers. :P
Different people handle carbohydrates differently, though. I could eat 2000 calories of twinkies and not gain a pound.

..well, twinkies isn't that great of an example. They're not half bad for you :P

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Quote:

I eat a lot of junkfood and candy but I'm still thin.

Yes I agree, I have experienced no correlation between a healthy diet and physical health. I don't eat any vegetables apart from potatoes, and very rarely eat any fruit either (but i do drink a lot of fruit juice). In fact , at most, I eat 5 portions of fruit and vege a month as apposed to the recommended 5 a day. My staple is peanut butter on toast, but I also love sugar and eat loads of sugar (3-4 spoons full in my tea :)). If there are no sweets/chocolate in the house I eat spoonfuls of suger straight from the pot, or even better I mix up some icing if there is icing sugar YUM!

Despite all that unhealthy eating, I'm slim, healthy and full of energy. The only side effect is that I often get terrible stomach cramps. The doctor says that it's almost certainly my diet, but I think it's a small price to pay for getting to eat what I like.

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Quote:

I also love sugar and eat loads of sugar (3-4 spoons full in my tea :)). If there are no sweets/chocolate in the house I eat spoonfuls of suger straight from the pot, or even better I mix up some icing if there is icing sugar YUM!

diabetes here i come? :o

---

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

I thought that diabetes wasn't caused by eating too much sugar ???.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

If there are no sweets/chocolate in the house I eat spoonfuls of suger straight from the pot

Ok, that's just not right. :P

We use to heat up sugar in a pot and let it harden.. which was pretty bad.. but eatting it directly from the pot? That can't be good...

Quote:

I eat 5 portions of fruit and vege a month as apposed to the recommended 5 a day.

That's unhealthy. Fattening, no, but unhealthy.

As for diabetes, Evert will tell you that sugar doesn't cause it.
Obesity does. Sugar sometimes causes obesity.....

Sugar gives diabetes-like effects, due to low insulin levels or something.. too much sugar in your system so you stop making it or something. It's effects are reversible within a short period of time, IIRC.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

no comments on the conversation, but damn, deps, where'd ya get that picture in your avatar? :)

You don't deserve my sig.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Quote:

but damn, deps, where'd ya get that picture in your avatar?

A page somewhere about that Garfield movie. :)
Is it just me or does the movie-Garfield look completley different from the cartoon-Garfield?

---

1   2   3 

Go to: