Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Good places for free graphics? (for a shoot´em up)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Good places for free graphics? (for a shoot´em up)
Jacob Dawid
Member #4,045
November 2003

I did not see your posts and "designed" a new R Type on Paper. I scanned it and attached it. If you want some changes, tell me now because when i am starting to color it out it will be too late.

Carl:
Good work! Sry, I did not want to come in your way, but my work was already finished...

[EDIT]
Carl, I still need some monster gfx for my rpg... would you be someone who is able to manage that?

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

That looks very cool as well Jacob!

No one will come in anyones way here i think, i´ve got three ships which i am allowed to use so far. One from X-G, one from Carl and (soon) one from you Jacob. I also got one which i have rendered myself in PovRay but it looks quite crappy.

Anyway, i´ll use your ship Jacob as the "mainship" as i said and have X-G:s and Carl:s as enemy ships, perhaps i´ll include my own ship as well. There will be three or four enemy types in the (small, very small as i mentioned) shoot´em up so all ship types will get their on-screen-time.;)

But my "project" shouldn´t be taken to seriously anyway as it´s more of a technical-demo than a whole game. It´s actually the "final project" in a C++ course i am taking at school. After i view it to the teacher (thursday) i´ll release it freely if anyone would like to take a look at the design/code sometime.

Anyway! Big thanks to all three of you so far! :) I also noticed this thread where a guy wrote a lot of links to free resources, i will not use any ship there for this mini-project though (perhaps an explosion or something) as i´ve got your permission to use your ship-graphics which is much better. ...

To be continued.. ;)

Jacob Dawid
Member #4,045
November 2003

Ok, it has not got that quality I expected it to have, but I will go and and work on it. I have attached the file that represents my actual status of the sprite.

To be continued... :)

( The yellow part does not look good at the moment... it is because yellow and blue are contrastive colors and therefore you have to "bridge" the colors by structure, which my ship is lacking of at the moment... )

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Looking good! :) I have downloaded the current version. 8-)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

23yrold3yrold & Kanzure: Your posts in this thread has only been space waste

Why? I told you your only option was to do it yourself or get someone else to. Look what happened. ::)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

To just write "Blender" or "Anim8or" as you and Kanzure first did hardly qualifies as good answers, not in this case as they do not answer the question. I know that to get "exactly" what you want you´ll have to do it yourself, if you can. And i am really so bad at drawing/modeling that my options are very limited at the moment.

Anyway, the other thread gave a lot of good links. And i got some good (imho) answers as well and have three spaceships now to use.

I have to be finished by thursday so learning to draw + program the game is a bit to much for me within the timeframe. I want to learn how to draw/render nicely someday though, when the free time occurs (= never? ::)).

1   2 

Go to: