Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » most time you've been rejected by a girl.

Credits go to Derezo, Kanzure, Thomas Fjellstrom, and wearetheborg for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
most time you've been rejected by a girl.
Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

There's 5? .. but.. and.. with..

Ok..
Douglas Adams: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy/the Restaurant at the End of the Universe/Life, the Universe and Everything/So Long, and Thanks F

.. for the what!? For the flowers? The roses? THE MAPLE TREE'S?
Like, throw me a fricken bone, here. ;)
Apparently they had the whole collection in one buy, but it's out of print.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

See my edit, Derezo. :)

The fourth book is So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish. Last one is Mostly Harmless.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

Kanzure said:

Wouldn't the warp field collapse after 20 seconds at Warp 9.93? You wouldn't get too far, especially with the dilitheum matrix destabalizing and all.

Quite simple, I used the plasma inducers, and to beef things up, i had secondary EPS conduits safeguarding hull integrity!

Chics love geek-trek talk!

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

Quite simple, I used the plasma inducers, and to beef things up, i had secondary EPS conduits safeguarding hull integrity!

That's...genuis! What are you doing for phaser power against wearetheborg and TF?

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Ok.. so, while the thread is still open, any other books I should get my hands on? ;)

I'm grabbing a copy of the A+ Certification Training.. even though I can currently pass the example core tests I got off a CD ;) (My OS skills are awful though, I suck at DOS more than I thought!)

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

Quote:

Ok.. so, while the thread is still open, any other books I should get my hands on?

pr0n magazines make you take your hands off the books:-/

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Ender's Game, by Orason Scott Card. And all the others in the series. And Dune. And...and...oh, and that one!

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Yes. Yes they do.
..but, like I said, I want to get my hands on some books. :)

[edit]Hmm.. well, maybe I should stray away from series books for now ;)
Otherwise I'll be reading for decades!

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

old but great book: Angela's Ashes

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Angela's Ashes sounds depressing :(

Quote:

From Amazon.com
"Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood," writes Frank McCourt in Angela's Ashes. "Worse yet is the miserable Irish Catholic childhood." Welcome, then, to the pinnacle of the miserable Irish Catholic childhood. Born in Brooklyn in 1930 to recent Irish immigrants Malachy and Angela McCourt, Frank grew up in Limerick after his parents returned to Ireland because of poor prospects in America. It turns out that prospects weren't so great back in the old country either--not with Malachy for a father. A chronically unemployed and nearly unemployable alcoholic, he appears to be the model on which many of our more insulting cliches about drunken Irish manhood are based. Mix in abject poverty and frequent death and illness and you have all the makings of a truly difficult early life. Fortunately, in McCourt's able hands it also has all the makings for a compelling memoir.

I haven't cried so hard since I was a little girl..

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

it's depressing, yet funny in its own way.
I really recommend you read it, you'll feel very very greatful for what you have after reading that book.

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Thats sounds very strange coming out of your avater. And yet, for some reason, I have a bucket on my head.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

What's wrong with being weird? Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here? Diana posted about Manjula's wedding with pics, james posted on himself building a patio again with pics, and when someone starts a topic on dating, a lot of you reply to it and it becomes a discussion on who has done what and why but without pics.. ::)

If you really want to give SSC and I a name, you can call us what another chat called us (though changing names to fit here..), Allegro.cc's soap opera. There.. :)

Yes it's a little late for replying to this.

Sabrina: I've sigged you, will you sig me? -Thomas Fjellstrom

12-06-07

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here?

ML generally doesn't write too much personal stuff on here.. :P

[edit]
Oh, and for the record, I decided to go with computer books + hhgttg :P
Network+ and A+ certification books.. a little pricey, but I'm sure they'll pay for themselves....

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

actually sscluvsme, you're one of the very very very few people here who writes very personal stuff on this site

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

sabrina said:

Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here?

There's a difference between:

1. Posting something about an interesting achievement, and

2. Posting something about a personal nit-picky "soap opera" fight that only concerns the two people involved.

I We don't care to see you or any other attention deprived person try to get satisfaction by stalking their supposed boyfriend.

If you're sitting in the same room, then figure out how to extract yourselves from your computer chairs and socialize with each other. You don't need to fly across the country to use instant messaging.

It's not like you even have anything interesting to say. Soap operas can be entertaining if there's something funny or unique to be said. But non-stop, mindless chatter about some silly on and off relationship is the very definition of pathetic.

And for the record, being the cyberstud that I am, I've never been rejected.

Go to: