Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let's animate!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Let's animate!
paranoima
Member #1,380
June 2001

Thanks for the link Johan.. Now I have a way to make pointless stick figure animations on a pc :) Just like the ones I used to do in H.S. on flip books. Weeee

Here's what I have so far.. Ph33r my 1337 pixal skeelz.

http://paranoima.dyn.ee/wip-1.gif

right now, I'm not sure how I plan to end it but I'm sure something will come to me soon. ;D

Johan Peitz
Member #9
April 2000

Quote:

Don't you have some kickarse game to develop?

Hmm... I guess I do. Richard, I hope you don't get too mad, but I think I'll drop out from the challenge. :)

--
johan peitz :: things I made

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Hmm..

I hereby nominate Kanzure to fulfill the challenge. Since he discouraged you, he should take full responsability! ;)

:P

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Kanzure seems to forget that people need to take a break from things once in a while ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

I hereby nominate Kanzure to fulfill the challenge

Hmm..I'm affraid I can't accept the challange right now. For one, I have no experiance with anything (but blitting) needed for a game like that, so meh. Would be fun.

Maybe we can abduct somebody else to do it. :P

Quote:

Kanzure seems to forget that people need to take a break from things once in a while

:-/

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Hmm ... well, one could do it without doing crazy vector graphics by simply using the images the program generates as it's tiles / character anims. A simple tilemap ... just one in which all tiles are animated. It could actually be kinda cool ... if painful to look at. Although I suppose then you'd have to worry about repetitive animations become annoying, not to mention the extra file size.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

The cartoon Ed, Edd, and Eddy looks like how the game would be. It's not hard on the eyes, because it uses multiple colors. Just the outlines go swiggly and such..

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Kanzure, You must join with the animating side. It is your destiny!!! :D

Search your feelings.. ;)

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Heh I'd use Johan's suggestion and just make a custom line function that makes lines look hand drawn. Everythign would be outline form but it'd all look like pencil drawings and the animation would never "repeat". It'd be slower than straight line drawing but it'd ne a nicer effect. I'd use vectors/polygons for everything, you could make circles and all sorts of shapes from just points and lines.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

Search your feelings.. ;)

But Google doesn't do that! :'(

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

There is a game out there (a platformer) that uses wiggly vector lines for it's graphics. I remember it actually being quite good. Don't remember what it was called though :S.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

There was a Tetris game with wiggly lines not so long ago, they didn't move though.

It would be really cool to see a 3D game with wiggly black/white gfx.

Also [url http://robotduck.com/] has several sketchy games, but I want to turn your attention to Yard Invaders :)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

On my old Mac (68k) I have a game called Adventures of Sean, IIRC. The graphics are almost as magnific as all your animations in this thread.

We need a StickHack compo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

We need a StickHack compo!

No, just a "challange".

ahem
w00t!
1,000th post!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

http://edu.loviisa.fi/~jhalmen/images/opus1.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Johan Peitz
Member #9
April 2000

Haha, that's great! :D

--
johan peitz :: things I made

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

http://w23.calypso.net/ci-119436/kakor.gif

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

What about yoshi's island?

Marcello

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

I thought yoshi's island just had think black outlines to it's sprites - I can't remember them wiggling but I may be wrong.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

There were times in which they wiggle, but not always, it was fairly static.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

well stuff like the flowers and whatnot wiggled.

Marcello

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

I suppose they did ::).

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

The lines didn't "wiggle". It just looked like it was colored by crayons.

You want animation with lines that "wiggle", go watch Stickin' Around :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

http://www.cljy.com/~billy/swimming.gif

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

That's great William! :)

I didn't necessarily mean wiggly lines. Just a game that had this quick cartoon style animation. Think The Mighty Stopid in Johan's style. :D, or Alex 4 in a b/w cartoon 640 x 480 (or higher) mode. :)

Well, I like the look even if no one else does!

:)

1   2   3   4 

Go to: