Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » where to unzip dx80_mgw.zip

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
where to unzip dx80_mgw.zip
surenrao
Member #3,542
May 2003

i have installed mingw32 as C:\MinGW32 and unpacked allegro to C:\MinGW32\allegro. I downloaded dx80_mgw.zip, where am i suppose to unpack it, then what am i suppose to do next.My OS is Win XP

Suren

clovekx
Member #3,479
April 2003

I've unzipped it into lib directory.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Unzip it to C:\MinGW32, and make sure you preserve subdirectories.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

Have you been reading the documentation? After that I think all you do is

cd c:\mingw32\allegro
fix.bat mingw32
make
make install

Carrus85
Member #2,633
August 2002

Oy... yet more evidence that I need to write a python executable that installs Allegro! GHA!

And yeah, the basic steps are exactly what kazzmir stated... assuming you have the enviroment variables set correctly.

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

No need for a installer for Allegro.
If you cant read the installation instructions or the manual, are you really programmer material? :)

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Goodbytes
Member #448
June 2000

Well, deps, we all have to start somewhere. I had troubles with reading the docs when I started out, and look at me now! A functional member of society! Almost.

And that's a funny, funny sig. "C code. C code run. Run, code, run! PLEASE" it says! Classic!

But surenrao... just do what the docs say. They'll guide you through.

--
~Goodbytes

surenrao
Member #3,542
May 2003

i did all that stuff already...but in the last part after make one error is coming....and most of the executables are not compiled like grabber..but demo and setup executable has been created only.

Suren

Go to: