Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Karma physics engine demo

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Karma physics engine demo
Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

I'm sure most of you aren't willing to shell out the $$$ to use it but the interactive demo is awesome. This is the physics engine to be used in unreal 2k3.

Math Engine.com

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Of course, people might be willing to shell out the £0 required for ODE, the GPL physics library being worked upon by Russell Smith, who actually wrote the core of Math Engine a few years ago as his day job. The wesite is http://www.q12.org/ode/.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

But is ODE still being developed? The latest version that I could find (0.03!) was released in December 2001...

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Speaking as someone on the ODE mailing list, and integrating it into their application at this time, it seems that not only is it still being developed and in addition a number of other people are developing add-on's for it (most notably to do mesh collision detection for you - ODE handles collision response and reaction to hard constraints, it isn't really a collision detection library), but the 0.03 release is more than adequate.

wolfman8k
Member #508
July 2000

Thomas: You really are active on the ODE mailing list. I didn't know that it was you.

You're the guy who's trying to get a car or something working, right? You're working on how to get the front wheels to stay pointing the same way, if I recall.

That's pretty cool...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[ Machine Ball - Futuristic 3D Sport ]

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Thats the last thing I posted to the mailing list, certainly . . . most of my time working with the library at the minute is trying to completely perfect my triangle mesh on triangle mesh collisions! Its a much harder problem once you have two sided polygons (or just perfectly thin objects, doesn't matter how they are described), as I do, because vertices do not obviously enter invalid states. But I think I have it more or less licked now.

I'm still at the stage where you find yourself asking lots of questions and not being able to answer any, so I'm getting very good use out of the mailing list! It helps that I understand the maths and have implemented small parts of it myself before though.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

The dome looks pretty neat, I got the football goal stuck in the rafters and played barel of furniture with it. ;D

At the FPS I was getting, I guess I will nead a better machine for UT2003...

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Go to: