The milk challenge
Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Min religion har mycket inspiration från Herman Hedning.;D

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

It wasn't my fault for taking the topic....off-topic! It was.. err.. Spellcaster!! Him and his strawberry cake bit.. !!!

There was only cheese cake and you know it!!!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

It was 23yrold who linked over to flat world deriving from a qoute of you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Yeah, Derezo; it's your fault!
(For those losing track, the topic is now childish finger-pointing)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

Nope.
I've visited the edge of the world. Quite nice there.

But if the world is a doughnut, then you're at the edge everywhere!
Or you might be eating the doughnut, hmm...

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

...are you suggesting it was a strawberry doughnut, bob? And not a strawberry cheese cake?

Hmph.
Boo to you I say. Boo.

concludes the 80th post in a thread about milk

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

If the world was a Doughnut then Homer Simpson would be God.

Yeah. What I said was wrong.

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Zai banre nory vande.;D

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

The world is not a doughnut. More like a pan cake.
If it would be a doughnut, you would see the part of the world in the sky if you're living in the hole area :)

BTW, am I the only one thinking from time to time, that some of the textures / tiles used in this world do not look very realistic?

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Well, I have seen some oddities in the textures sometimes. But I don't "waste" my time looking for it. Sometimes I see a text effect like in the Matrix but the font is so damn small.

And the reason we don't see part of the world in the sky is that noones ever been on the inside of the doughnut. You just get to the "edge" full of goodies, and noone thinks of looking up there.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

If the world was a donut, and Homer Simpson was God, the earth wouldn't last five seconds.

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

LoHoL
Member #1,752
December 2001

hey i'm back after a little week (not enough times to come here))
so if the world is a doughnut, what would happen if I eat it ?
Can I eat me ?

==> if i'm eating a doughnut wich is world then i'm eating myself while myself is eating the doughtnut so i'm eating...
so muich complications:o

---
Lohol

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Just to go BACK on topic for a sec... someone mentioned that milk could be bad for you. You should read Susan Powter's book "Food", she has an interesting chapter about Milk that is a real eye opener and she shares Tom's opinion about milk not being required, only when you're a child and she lists some problems with drinking the milk they sell us these days. It was a real eye opener, I won't go into details in here, it would get real lengthy but if you need calcium, here is a list of foods that contain calcium (but without the fat and cholesterol (which is a problem for me):

1100mg (3.5 ounce) edible portions.
3Food Calcium in Milligrams
4------------------------------------------
5Sardines 443
6Almonds 233
7Amaranth Grain 222
8Hazelnuts 209
9Parsley 203
10Turnip Green 191
11Brazil Nuts 186
12Sunflower Seeds 174
13Garbanzo Beans 150
14Black Beans 135
15Pistachios 135
16Pinto Beans 135
17Kale 134
18Collard Greens 117
19Sesame Seeds 110
20Chinese Cabbage 106
21Tofu 100
22Walnuts 99
23Okra 82
24Brown Rice 33

Hmmm... looks like lots of sources for calcium out there. Wonder why we never hear about these and only milk.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Just to go BACK on topic for a sec

OK, second's over.

sc: how much more realistic can textures get if this 3D engine is our reality? Who here has been to the highest level of reality, and how good's the frame rate?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Actually, I would say that the highest level of reality is on the sun.. It's awesome there.. but, the frame rate is rather slow.. it barely seems like anything is even moving. Too cold, too.. ;)

Heh, a little off-topic (*Grin*) but I hate it when players in an online RPG say that a spell or a skill isn't very realistic.. :-/

"That burning rain spell isn't very realistic.."
"That death coil doesn't look like a death coild looks."
"Y'know.. I've seen a fireball blast from a demon's hand many times.. and it just didn't look like that" :)

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Our reality must have the best engine possible (because each other engine would have to be seen through our reality / our reality's engine), but it could still have a shoddy texture job . . .;D

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

Hmmm... looks like lots of sources for calcium out there. Wonder why we never hear about these and only milk

Yikes! I don't think I liked anything on your list. :) I think I'll stick with milk...

Gabhonga
Member #1,247
February 2001

hmm, that list lacks bananas?
however, I think that milk is really good for you...though I could'n drink 4 liters in an hour, I do well drink 3-4 l spread over the day...since 1 or 2 years, and before I had problems with my stomache, wich were solved by the milk...

banana milk is my favourite :-D (strawberry ain't bad either, but please get the fruit and throw it into a mixer yourself and don't buy that mxdonnaldx sh!t). there's also a fine recipe for a traditional indian/nepalese milk drink called "bhang lassi", wich features stuff like honey, a strange blend of spices and lots of ganja - and it tastes divine...

hmmm, I think the stinkieness/skunkieness milk triggers at people has to do with the unability to split up certain enzymes during digestion...it's genetically, and is particularly spread over asiatic people, I believe...it's just like many people's urine smells pretty strange when they ate asparagus, because this also has enzymes not everybody can digest...I've got no probs with milk, but asparagus is pure evil!

heh, also I've read not long ago that it is true that nicotine can have beneficial effects on your health, but only in small doses...I think like smoking one cigarette every day, not in one pice but a drag or two every few hours......this way even the lung can compete with all the stuff floating in.
it's just a pity that nicotine is so highly addictive, so I guess few people could stand this for long....

--------------------------------------------------------
sigs suck

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

If you started out smoking a cig a day, wouldn't you only "need" a cig a day? Then your craving would be satisfied, right? :P

sigh

I wish I could understand this whole addiction thing better. It seriously makes no sense to me..

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

The engine that drives our world is the best we will ever experience unless we make a visit in our gods world. As far as we know, this engine might not even be considered good in their reality.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Yeah, we're only living in 3D.. but it must be running with an Allegro 5 4D 128-bit graphics engine ;) ;D

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

The gods have awsome computing power. The ultimate goal in my religion is to be taken in to their world and live among them and maybe be an "angel" with administrative rights in our world.;D

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Heh, I like the sound of that. "Administrative rights in our world".

Wouldn't that be fun - banning people at will. ;)

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Hmm ... I wonder where one finds the cheater mods? 8-)

Ahh ... god mode, not to mention fly and no-clipping modes ... such fun ...

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Set gravity, Invisibility, Friendly fire, Invulnerability....;D

Go to: