Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The milk challenge

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The milk challenge
Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

The milk from a cow is ALMOST the same as the milk from your mama's tit ;)

Also..

Quote:

how many times do you see a critter up an' suck another species' milk?

If you have a litter of kittens, and a female dog, the kittens will suck the dog.

heh, also, when do you see a critter mass-breed another species in a contained area for the sole purpose of killing them? ;)

I drink milk every now and then, and it doesn't have any effect on my system.... I really should drink more :)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Milk is generally good for you, especially the younger you are. I love milk, and drink it with just about every meal.

I don't drink milk (or really anything else) on an empty stomach though.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Actually ... I'm pretty sure that milk is healthy. Yep. Unless of course, all the people who actually did research on the subject are somehow wrong, or something.

This reminds me of the 'studies' and 'claims' of the tabaco industry... Years ago, they claimed (on national, radio/TV) that Cigarettes ARE good for you.

Quote:

Milk is generally good for you, especially the younger you are.

Yes. I'll agree Milk is good for you when you are YOUNG. But there is a reason babys get weened of of thier mothers milk, and its not because of a culteral bias (cause animals do the same thing too).

Quote:

You could have a little bit of intolerance in the family, Thomas.

Yup. We ALL have a bit of intolerance... Not just my family. Trust me. I used to drink milk like mad. Untill I started to get sick from it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Quote:

Trust me. I used to drink milk like mad. Untill I started to get sick from it.

You drank it like mad? Now we know why you think milk is poison.

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Araanor
Member #990
February 2001

I'd rather say we all have tolerance. People in countries where they don't consume milk (or nearly nothing) will by comparison be very intolerant to lactose. They would not find it pleasant to devour.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

You drank it like mad? Now we know why you think milk is poison.

hmmm... Ok a little bit to literal... I should say I drank around the ammount that the canadian food guide recomends. I don't think milk is poison, but just not something that is needed after you're a baby.

Basically all milk is for it to energize a baby... Youd be supprized at the amount of energy a growing infant needs.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

This reminds me of the 'studies' and 'claims' of the tabaco industry... Years ago, they claimed (on national, radio/TV) that Cigarettes ARE good for you

And that's why some older folks still believe this to be true! :)

Also, back in the days of "Coca Cola", when they actually put coccaine (sp?) in the drink, the Pope himself deemed the drink healthy. Aswell as several world leaders.

Guess that didn't stick though.. now Coca Cola uses a de-coccainized coca leaf. ;D

Not that I agree that milk is unhealthy, but I agree that people have 'prooven' false truths :)
Another example is back when they prooved that the world was flat... or that the Sun/Moon orbit the Earth.. or back when they thought pluto was actually a planet instead of a block of ice.. Or when they figured lead wasn't poisonous.. someone had to have proven that...

and.. why in the name of uncle Sam were they sticking mercury in thermometers? Bloody Christ :o

Don't get me started on TV Radiation.. shields his eyes from the electron beams gushing forth from his monitor

Anyways, milk, yeah.. .. love that stuff..

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Another example is back when they prooved that the world was flat

But the Earth really is flat!!! ;D ;D

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

I hope they're kidding...

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I was, but they're not.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Ok... Some people have WAAAAYYYY to much time on thier hands. I don't see how any of that can be taken seriously... England, and North Dakota don't exist? Along with the claim that there is only ONE Springfield? and the rest are just 'hard links' to it? I'm thinking some geeks were having a little too much fun with that one. (while drunk probably)

--

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I don't think it's a joke; talk.origins at least seems to take it very seriously ....

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Then they are all insane. Its impossible to take thier FAQ seriously. I swear it must have been a Aprils foo joke one year, and a few gullible people took it a bit too literally.

Im fairly open minded but that page... It screams 'Laugh at me'.

--

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

So what happens when you go "off the edge" again? Maybe I should read the whole article ;)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

So what happens when you go "off the edge" again?

"As shown in a map published by Johnson, the known world is as circular and as flat as a phonograph record. The North Pole is at the center. At the outer edge lies the southern ice, reputed to be a wall 150 feet high; no one has ever crossed it, and therefore what lies beyond is unknown."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Thats funny. Because the FAQ on the site says other things.

--

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

What I want to know is why these guys feel a Flat Earth theory doesn't allow for the existence of Idaho and North Dakota. Wherever will I get my potatoes now?

Amusing how they group Australia and Narnia in the "places that have never been proven to exist" list ::)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

You'd get them from wherever you usually get them. Idaho and North Dakota never existed to begin with!

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

:o Oh no! It's true!

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You guys are starting to sound a bit like that site... Its scawey.

--

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

But the site is true! Have you ever met someone from Narnia? Have you? HAVE YOU!?!

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And what if I HAVE? ;)

--

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Then he/she's obviously lying. We've already established the fact that Narnia is a lie and doesn't exist.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Who's to say that Narnia isn't a fable that has it's roots planted in truth?

--

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

I think the Earth is flat. How else can we implement the tilemap on it's surface?

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Go to: