Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Why do we all wear glasses

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Why do we all wear glasses
Owet Softwares
Member #543
July 2000

Wee.. I dont have glasses.. Though.. Daylight hurts my eyes usually.. So i must stay in dark rooms and wear very strong sunglasses..

Richard Garriot rules.. That clear the thing is.
www.owetsoftwares.cjb.net

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

I'm dumb!. And I myself am quite skinny (5'11", 120lb).

-----
"I'm dumb!. it prolly wont do anything just like Sub7 when u extract it to ur own system I'm dumb!." - theforgotten
"heh i got hit by sub7 before. I just dont know how i got it. It took me about 2 yrs to figure out which virus i had. I'm dumb!. then i started wanting to hack and i got sub7 just ot play around with it and i found the features in it that i had been affected by when i got the virus." - theforgotten

Owet Softwares
Member #543
July 2000

I am 178Cm and About 80Kg...

Richard Garriot rules.. That clear the thing is.
www.owetsoftwares.cjb.net

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Quote:

Wee.. I dont have glasses.. Though.. Daylight hurts my eyes usually.. So i must stay in dark rooms and wear very strong sunglasses..

Well, that explains the black cloak and pale face in your pic...::)

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Dan, you're not the only chubby one here. ;D

Oh.. Forgot the strategic measures..
That would be 170cm and 80kg.. Seems i've been losing weight lately.. Fat come back!

You don't deserve my sig.

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Hm... I'm 176cm and 90kg... right now around 14% body fat, so I'm not really chubby :-)

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Johan Peitz
Member #9
April 2000

Heh, spellcaster... I remember seeing your muscles posted on Pixelation. :)

--
johan peitz :: things I made

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Why did I see that coming? :-)
Guess it would have been better not to post those... not even for anatomical reference, heh.

BTW, do you know if you'll be avail for speedhack? I'm entering under some extreme circumstances: My girlfriend's birthday is the 7th of April, so I'll loose one day coding time...

--

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Heh, I am 185cm and 95kg. But I played rugby (if you don't know about it, it is some kind of american football, but much interesting grin) until last year at school, so it really doesn't matter (especially when your opponents are 2mts tall!).

Btw, I do also need glasses. I just cannot stand those contact things... they are just too problematic for me.

RB

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Rugby... isn't that the game the Americans play only with 10kg of protective armor?`
;D
I watched a rugby match while I was on a buisiness trip in south africa... compared to waht I've seen there, some martial arts tournaments seemed like figure skating :)

--

ReyBrujo
January 2001

grin Yes, you do not use protection. However, it is a very good game, since players respect each other (since they are all huge, penalties are extremely hard: if you kick/punch a referee, you will be punished with 2 months of inhabilitation...).

RB

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

2 months of dehabilitation? Is that a rule or do the refs break both your legs or something in retaliation?

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Quote:

Heh, spellcaster... I remember seeing your muscles posted on Pixelation.

Heh, I remember Tsugumo saying "Holy crap! Do you pose for Capcom!?" ;D

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Ivko
Member #818
December 2000

I don't wear glasses. I have as far as I can tell perfect vision. I spend a hell of a lot of time on the computer and have used it regularily since I was about 10 (I'm 15 right now). I don't see my vision getting any worse either because I actually do stuff along with being a computer genious :P

Also, I'm not fat, and I'm not TOO skinny. I'm tall but not too tall. I weigh about 130.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Heh, I remember Tsugumo saying "Holy crap! Do you pose for Capcom!?"

I'm dumb! ;D

Since we're posting specifics, I'm 5' 11" and about 160. I used to weightlift, so some of it's muscle, but I'll wager by now most of it's lard ("Who-ho! Look at that blubber fly!").

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Good job posting in inches and pounds (I assume pounds ...) without units, Chris. ::) My chemistry teacher would murder you ;D
Well .. I suppose I'll add that I'm 130 lbs, 5 feet 10 inches ... so I fit the skinny rule, I guess.

I don't know how those numbers translate to a "logical" unit system, though. I don't use no stinkin metrics :P

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

I use the "stinking metrical system" and note that I'm neither skinny nor fat with 178 cm and 65 kg. But I do have glasses, they make me look better. ;)

I was bigger than most when the picture to the left was taken, though. Don't remember how big since I can't remember numbers, but I was the biggest baby to come out of my mother (and there are six of us).

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Bigger than 65 kg?;D

Flecko
Member #566
August 2000

I wear glasses because I'm a hardcore nerd and I want everyone that see's me to know it. I think I actually look better with my glasses. Someday I'll add a real pic. Don't have my camera at school though. And I think almost all hardcore nerds wear glasses at some point.

EDIT: pic updated.

-Flecko

ben's drivel
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer. This message brought to you by Old Kentucky Shark of Kentucky Nightmare Whiskey Co.

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

On a similar note... Chris, you're my height (just a lil' eeny bit heavier ;D); what size shoe do you wear? As of now, I wear a 13 extra extra EXTRA wide (they're almost impossible to find). For you lamers that use the metric system, a size 13 is.... uhm.... size 13. You do the math ::)

-----
"I'm dumb!. it prolly wont do anything just like Sub7 when u extract it to ur own system I'm dumb!." - theforgotten
"heh i got hit by sub7 before. I just dont know how i got it. It took me about 2 yrs to figure out which virus i had. I'm dumb!. then i started wanting to hack and i got sub7 just ot play around with it and i found the features in it that i had been affected by when i got the virus." - theforgotten

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I wear an 8 1/2.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Wowee. I wish I could just wear a 10 or so. Of course, I suppose there is worse things in the world that having big feet... for example, working in a furniture plant ;D

-----

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Now, does Canada & USA have the same scale for shoe sizes? I'm pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't at least...

Anyway, I wear shoe size 10.5. I'm somewhere between 5'11" and 6' (181cm/183cm), but only ~145lbs (65.77kgs). Of course, after being sick for a couple days, I'm probably around 50lbs (22.68kg). :P

Hmm, I was 9.5lbs (4.309kg) when born, but one of my brothers was right around 12lbs (5.443kg). :P

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Whoa. That's one big baby...
And if Canada doesn't use the same shoe size as America, MAKE 'EM!
And BTW, Matthew, nice job on showing it in standard and metric :P Did you do the math in your head?

-----

Owen Rudge
Member #942
November 2000

Hmmm, well I'm short-sighted and wear glasses some of the time, and my feet are size 10 (UK size, don't know about another other system).

1   2   3   4 

Go to: