Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Why do we all wear glasses

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Why do we all wear glasses
crazy_k
Member #1,978
March 2002

:o yeah Matthew Leverton, you really-really were a big baby! 3,5 kg is normal I think. and your brother was 5,4 kg... poor mom I must say... you both were so heavy and her... I'm better not saing it out loud, the smarter ones will know. who don't will find out some day or perhaps they'll never know... ;))) :-*:-*:-* to ya all!!!

btw, I am 175,5 cm tall and I weigh 74,5 kg... I know I'm big... But yesterday I joined the Weight Watchers cult ;P I'll see if it changes me... ;D

---
<3

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Being 180 cm tall and weighing well over 90 kg makes me fit excellently in the fat category. Having a shoe size of 43 helps, too. :P
For those of you who still aren't metricized (is that a word?) that's approx. 6 feet, 180 lbs and a shoe size of 9 UK, 10 US. :P
Oh, and I also have twisted feet, sort of. When I stand naturally, they point about 40 degrees outwards (forming an angle of upwards 80 degrees in relation to each other). Very cool. I can twist them backwards if I really want to ;)

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Suggested feature of the board: automatic conversion from imperial to metric system of units :)

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

LoHoL
Member #1,752
December 2001

I'm 1m90 tall and a little more than 65 kg (i look a little more) ==> i'm not fat. My shoes size is 46.

---
Lohol

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Heh heh, if you told people in America that you wore a size 46 shoe they'd scoff at you. And Bob, I like your idea. Actually, I got a better one. How about everyone else in the world learns the standard system (they did name it standard for a reason, y'know!) and that way, no worries. Because of course, the US is the most powerful country in the world and if y'all don't learn standad, our "smart" president will probably nuke ya. 'Nuff said.

-----
"I'm dumb!. it prolly wont do anything just like Sub7 when u extract it to ur own system I'm dumb!." - theforgotten
"heh i got hit by sub7 before. I just dont know how i got it. It took me about 2 yrs to figure out which virus i had. I'm dumb!. then i started wanting to hack and i got sub7 just ot play around with it and i found the features in it that i had been affected by when i got the virus." - theforgotten

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

our "smart" president will probably nuke ya.

You mean you have two?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

the standard system (they did name it standard for a reason, y'know!)

Only because "imperial system" sounded too british.
:)

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Quote:

You mean you have two?

laugh Billy Gates?

RB

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Owen Rudge
Member #942
November 2000

Quote:

How about everyone else in the world learns the standard system

ISTM that metric is more standard than Imperial these days. :P But anyway, I use a mixture of both - I measure in centimetres, metres, etc (except floppy disks and monitors, which are done in inches), use litres and millilitres (but pints when referring to the likes of beer), but use miles instead of kilometers, etc. What a mess...

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

What about gallons? [Side note: This forum needs more spacing. This post is WAY too compact]

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

There's a space at the top of posts in the Recent Threads page, but not the actual thread page. You'll notice I always add a line of nothing to my posts to correct this (that makes 2 spaces in the Recent Threads page). Now that I think about it, I wonder if Matthew is aware of this
???

Also, it likes to eat that leading whitespace line if I try to edit the post. This also happens to editting one's sig.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Owen Rudge
Member #942
November 2000

Gallons are no longer used here in the UK.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Then again, some of us have sig lines that take up as much space as a minor airfield to fill up the post ::)

--

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Hmmm, I wonder who that could be...
As of now, I'm not one of those people. However, it is inevitable that I will have my sig filled up with all my favorite quotes soon enough...

-----
"I'm dumb!. it prolly wont do anything just like Sub7 when u extract it to ur own system I'm dumb!." - theforgotten
"heh i got hit by sub7 before. I just dont know how i got it. It took me about 2 yrs to figure out which virus i had. I'm dumb!. then i started wanting to hack and i got sub7 just ot play around with it and i found the features in it that i had been affected by when i got the virus." - theforgotten

mkarr
Member #1,678
November 2001

As pertaining to the issue on systems of measurement I tend to prefer the Metric system over Standard even though here in the US everything is in Standard.

I think I just like ease of convertibility ;D.

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Yep, I agree, the metric system makes more sense (everything is just an exponent of a smaller size, etc...). But hey, since the "Imperial System" is the system of choice in the US, make people EVERYWHERE conform to our narrow-mindedness! Wghaaa! ;D

-----

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Yep ... "standard" is one of the most retarded systems ever. It only purpose, really, is to allow US chemistry teachers to harass students who forget to write their units on every single freakin number. I don't understand why it is kept, excepting the explanation that people are stupid here (in the US).
We do, however, get to use slugs, and slugs are always good. I had a pet slug once. It ate my pet fishies. Except it wasn't actually a slug, it was a snail, and I'm not sure that it really ate the fishies. They might have not died at all. But close enough. The point is that slugs are cool, and since it's an inherently true statement, I don't have to really do much to prove it, do I? ;D

Your shoes actually have three sizes written underneath their tongue. It's US, UK, and something else.
Don't you love how people can't just stick to one freakin standard? The US especially. It's extremely annoying. We only need one system for this stuff! Oh well.

I wear a 10.5 or 11, in US shoe sizes.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Bananas are way cooler than slugs. Of course, bananas make lousy pets. Can't sing, can't act, can't even dance a little. All they do is go and get eaten when the rest of your ignorant family mistakes them for food.
I should get a jar of peas. At least no one will mistake THAT for food. Then again, spontaneous combustion is bad for your health.
Damn it, matthew, I want my posts back :P

--

Cage
Member #1,277
March 2001

Quote:

arg it, matthew

ROFLMFAO that's some very funny censoring, Matthew.
And BTW, Bacons are the best pets of all. They are cute, slimy, affectionate and slightly hairy (if they're really old), all the stuff you'd want in a pet. Of course, you DO have to make sure that you hide them from your family... some people tend to think they taste rather good :o
I don't see how someone could eat a Bacon... ::)
Who else here can fit one leg behind their neck and hop around on the other one? Sure, you get that horrible crick in your neck and you can't walk for two days afterwards but still...

-----

1   2   3   4 

Go to: