Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Makefiles on Dev-C++

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Makefiles on Dev-C++
Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I was looking into the help files for Dev-C++ and it didn't have detailed information on it. How do I create a makefile for my projects using Dev-C++ 4?

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Isn't it the green lightning bolt?

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

That wouldn't shock me DE; Dev-C++ doesn't run on makefiles. That's the whole point of an IDE ;) Try the makefiles tutorial in Pixelateissue 4.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

actually, you can create makefiles using Dev-C++....despite the fact that it doesn't use them :D

Project->Generate Makefile

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

quote:
Isn't it the green lightning bolt?

Yes it's the green bolt .
quote:
That wouldn't shock me DE; Dev-C++ doesn't run on makefiles. That's the whole point of an IDE

Chris that's not what I was asking about .
quote:
actually, you can create makefiles using Dev-C++....despite the fact that it doesn't use them
Project->Generate Makefile

I know how to bring up the Makefile Dialog Box, but that is where I run into the problem. I open a project and click the "Generate Makefile" bolt (icon). Then I get a makefile box with a selection of 'gcc', 'g++', 'cc', and 'bcc' then there is a section that says: 'Extra Parameters that must given to the compiler [optional]:'. What I'm wanting is to know what other type of options are there I've searched the help file and found nothing. I'm mainly wanting to know how to make the makefile generator for Dev-C++ rename the exe file and compile folders (similar to the compiling the example folders in allegro). I realize that I'd have to make a makefile in the folder most likely, but how do I make the make file tell the other makefiles in the other folders for the program to run to compile that folder?

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Dear me..

You might want to look into batch files instead. It sounds like what you're looking for would be much easier to accomplish that way.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Derezo I don't need to look into batch files I didn't think before I posted. The project title is the exe title so that problem is solved, but I'm left with the problem of makefile when it's concerning multiple folders with source to the game or app....I'll toy around with it and see what comes of the makefiles :D.

Go to: