Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » It's Dynamite! (new free bomberman game)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
It's Dynamite! (new free bomberman game)
Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Just in case some people out there are interested:
Visit my homepage for my new Dynamite game - a bomberman remake with a lot of new features!
http://members.tripod.co.uk/DynamitePC/
Both Dos and Windows versions are downloadable..
Dynamite v0.9 (BETA):
20 Powerups.
Upto 4 Players on one PC.
Upto 4 Monsters.
Different sized maps.
Random Maze Generator (with different settings).
640 x 480 x 256 Colour graphics (nice too!)
Free.. full.. complete.. download and leave a message on the message board or mail me.... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Cheers!
Richard Phipps

Flecko
Member #566
August 2000

Great work!

I love bomberman games. I remember playing bomberman on my snes with my friends(had the 4 player adapter) it was kickass. That was back before I discovered quake of course =P

Plus, I just got bomberman online for my dreamcast....bomberman fever!

Keep up the good work!

ben's drivel
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer. This message brought to you by Old Kentucky Shark of Kentucky Nightmare Whiskey Co.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Thank you Flecko!

You are the first person to say something postive about the game..

Bomberman still rules if you only have one PC and no internet or LAN.

How many hours did I 'Waste' with 3 other friends playing Blitzbombers on the Amiga!

Cheers for the comment! Feel free to add any new ideas for the game either here or on the messageboard on my website...

Richard.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Better yet; 10 player Bomberman on the Sega Saturn. If you can afford all the miltitaps and controllers, anyway ....

Gonna download your game now, RP ....

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

How can you fit 10players in a normal sized screen?? scratches head... ;)

Chris, let me know if it works ok for you, and what you think about my game of course!

Cheers... Rich

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Nice work. Very nice graphics. Your first game?

I may have missed it, but is there no one-player quest mode? I know Bomberman is mainly multiplayer anyway, but it seems strange to have no one-player option.

And for the Saturn version, you can have 1-8 players on the same map. 9-10 players works, but the game uses a slightly zoomed out view and a bigger map to hold everyone. It's a bit hard on the eyes though ....

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes I'm afraid it hasn't got a one player mode in it yet. That wouldn't be too hard to make with different monsters etc.. However the real feature lacking is AI controlled bombermen.

This is because I have never done AI before and have a feeling it would be a lot of effort to implement. So I wanted to get nearly all the best of the game first so at least people could play against each other and the monsters.

IF there is enough support for AI players I will try to implement it, otherwise I won't bother.

The Graphics are all mine. This is my first Game on the pc, first game using Allegro, and first game using C. ;) Done about 2 years ago in a less finished state and now dusted down, added a lot more stuff and better graphics these last few months..

I'm glad you like it.

Richard.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Sorry.. I forgot to say this was my first Program using C too! (You DO NOT want to see the code...!) ;)

Cheers!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Nice work!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

A couple of people have reported a bug where you can walk through walls in the dynamite game. I've now rewritten some of the movement routines and one person has tested it who had the bug for a few hours and this new version works fine for him.
It's a WIP patch (only 38k) for the windows version (v0.9 -> v0.91). it's available from my webpage (with more details) if you are interested.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Well, the Walking through Walls bug seems to have been fixed, but I made another bug (cunning plan to escape bombs) where if you were trapped in by bombs and standing in an empty space you could drop one and walk over that bomb and ANY adjacent bombs..!
So I've now released V0.92 (and a patch to update earlier versions) on my website which I HOPE will fix both bugs.. if not then let me know so I can try again or fix new bugs!
Thanks, Richard.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

There will always be more bugs... Still a nice piece of work.

Justin_W
Member #655
September 2000

Hey, I love bomberman..
but I have been trying to download your Windows version for the past week and have had no success with either IE or Netscape.. are you sure the link is still good? It says the server could not be contacted. I can download the patch no problem.
[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Justin_W ]

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Hi there Justin,
The download link works fine for my pc and from my parents pc. If you still can't get it to work then e-mail me at:
Dynamite_feedback@hotmail.com
And I'll mail you the zip as an attachment.
Rich.

Go to: