Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » GRRRR! I hate Netfirms!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
GRRRR! I hate Netfirms!
Mars
Member #971
February 2001

I'm just trying to download Linewars (from the strangesoft.net domain).
It's 2 kilobyte per second, while I normally get 70-90 at downloads...

--
This posting is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Thomas:

I was just wondering if you were using corporate / work yet or not. I've known people who've got kicked off of service (other providers) because of hosting servers on their home pcs.

But there's no cable access in my area :(, just a junky 28.8 dialup...

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

matthew> eeesh that really sucks. No ADSL either question

Mars> the sPeed really should have been faster... could you try again. and let me know if its any faster.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

My computer was really slow uploading them too. But maybe that's just because my modem decided to connect at 14400 baud instead of the usual 33600 or so on a ahem 56k modem. Which would be the fault of the phone line, or Freeserve - not your ftp ;)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

At home the only options I have are modem (slow & cheap) or dish (fast download, too expensive). At least I have fast speeds at work.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think It may have some thing to do with the cd I was ripping last night.... the cdr sortof takes over when it doing its thing. Im gona move the cdr to my other machine.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

matthew dish also has very very high ping times (500ms+) - the signal has to travel 200 000 km, and may tie up your phone line for uploads, depending on if it's one-way or two-way.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Ok Ben!
The link is working!
Tell me if you move somewhere else
WIT
P.S> Ahhmmm...I noticed it, too. Is netfirms getting slow?
WIT Programming Studio

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

No, not to my knowledge; it's Tom's server (bdavis.strangesoft.net) that's been slow.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Ive had some friends test the speed of my server and they dont have problems... maybe some one should try a traceroute to see just how they get to my server....
(Id appreciate the help)

--

1   2 

Go to: