Open all the old threads!!
RmBeer2

One tip for Mathew is that you can reveal and go through all the old hidden topics from before 1 month. In that way the google robot or other search engines can feed on all the old topics, take as a full and active forum, and that way it will fall much more in the searches.

Peter Hull

If you look at https://www.allegro.cc/members/online you can see 'robot' visiting lots of old topics, so I think this is already happening.

RmBeer2

@Peter Hull :
Not really. What is happening is that you are being bombarded by hacker bots, looking for web or sql vulnerabilities.

You also can't explore old topics except intentionally, which the googlebot doesn't do that.

Bob Keane

Peter, we should take that page down before we all get arrested for election fraud.

Peter Hull

I'm with you guys!
(none of this thread makes any sense to me)

Arthur Kalliokoski
RmBeer2 said:

What is happening is that you are being bombarded by hacker bots, looking for web or sql vulnerabilities.

I looked at that page and it said there was Elias and it claimed all the rest were robots. I had to scan through them to find the page I was on, and what browser I was using.

So someone browsing without logging in is listed as a robot.

EDIT: I remember maybe 10 years ago some of us were pestering Matt to tar up the forum archives and provide it as a torrent. I don't much care anymore but I'd grab it if it was available. Looking through the topics on the online page was rather nostalgic.

RmBeer2

@Arthur Kalliokoski:

It's also a good idea. I would also download all the files from the forum.

Thread #618501. Printed from Allegro.cc