TINS 2021 binary pack
amarillion

We should make a binary pack for TINS 2021. Once it's ready, I'll publish it here in this thread. Who wants to help me out?

edit: version 2 is ready. Please report any issues and I can make a v3 if necessary.

MrKuros

How can I help?

amarillion

Let's start by making a list - which entries already include windows binary? Which ones don't? And for the binaries already availble, it would be good to get independent confirmation that it actually works. Sometimes the author forgets to include DLL's.

Then for the ones that don't work right away, either we have to get the author on the case, or we fix it together.

I haven't had a time yet to look at it myself. Usually most of the entries are easy to collect, but there will be a few hard ones that will require some team work to get working :)

SiegeLord

Here's push32's entry. I had to fix a bug with the voice/mixer creation (the code was passing a wrong value to the channel_conf args, should be 0x20 not 2): https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rq1e0ft5z9bkf6/metamorphose-iv.zip?dl=0

Elias

Here's windows and macos binaries for my entry: https://allefant.com/SpaceFants_bin.zip

Edgar Reynaldo

amarillion - I can help build Windows binaries if you point me to the entries that need it.

amarillion

Thanks for the help so far!

I don't see a binary yet for Mokkan's "I want to go home". It's written in Rust.

I'm only halfway through checking, there might be more with missing binaries.

Mokkan

Here are the Windows binaries for my entry: https://github.com/mswiger/tins2021/releases/download/v0.1.0/i_want_to_go_home.zip

I had to make some changes to the cargo configuration to make it work, which are included in the zip file.

There is a note in the README about a bug with the mouse coordinates on a HiDPI Windows display, as well as a workaround, but it seems to work otherwise.

amarillion

Thanks Mokkan! That was the last missing piece to complete the puzzle.

edit: oops, I forgot one game. So here is version 2: http://amarillion.org/speedhack/tins21-win-binarypack-v2.7z

Please let me know if you see any issues (missing DLLs, crashes, etc) and I can make a v3 if needed.

Edgar Reynaldo

I have yet to try them. Are they all 32 bit or 64 bit or what?

amarillion

Are they all 32 bit or 64 bit or what?

Yes ;)

Edgar Reynaldo

My leppie is still borked so I can't try them yet, but I will.

Edit
Tuesday now. They estimated 2-5 days, now it's 19 plus and counting

:-/

amarillion

Oh no, what's wrong with it?

You know, I'm glad I made the video too, so at least you can watch that :)

Edgar Reynaldo

Both laptop hinges broke within a few days of each other One has been repaired before but now they're both out of whack had to replace the lid.

:-[

UPDATE
They're going to epoxy the whole thing back together. A few more days for the glue to dry. :/

I watched the video, some pretty impressive games for 3 days of work.

Congratulations everyone on your entries, I will play when I get my laptop back.

amarillion

Now we're just watching glue dry :)

Edgar Reynaldo

Hallelujah, the glue is dry and I have my lappie back!

I will get to playing the entries straight away. :D

amarillion

Yay!

So, which one is your favorite so far?

Edgar Reynaldo

Fight the fluff doesn't work in SeaMonkey. Sigh. Firefox works online.

Nice concept. Don't know when lmb and rmb will work or not.

djescher is cool. Keeping it simple in the name of TINS yet entertaining for a while.

Water gun monkeys is fun and intuitive. Running out of water sucks.

I'm enjoying the Beehive of Babel. Immersive story, interactivity is good. Whether it's all pre-decided or not, there is a mystery and a definite path to follow.

Dungeon Judgin has usability problems. No RE#ADME, no directions other than guess after it tells you shift runs.

Escher blocks is simple and straightforward. Would have liked to see different boards and shapes.

I couldn't get I want to go home to work with the mouse. Camera worked, no mouse clicks.

The City of Shapes is fun to explore but hard to keep track of what is where.

I fell off the world in Metamorphoise IV I guess space does something.

Blade blade was a lot of fun once I realized space fired the blade. Made it to level 6 before getting creamed by a big yellow dude.

Imposignon is fun and a nice use of impossible shapes.

QBitter is cool too. Difficulty could increase a little faster to keep it more fast paced.

All great little games. Thanks for letting me play!

Edgar

amarillion

Fight the fluff doesn't work in SeaMonkey. Sigh. Firefox works online.

Nice concept. Don't know when lmb and rmb will work or not.

Haha yes, I do love to use those SeaMonkey-busting features. For a more generic web app, I would fix this, but it's not so important for a game jam game. I tested on firefox, iOS and android before releasing though, so it's moderately cross-platform.

I'm not sure what you mean with lmb/rmb? I wanted to make it touch-compatible, so any mouse-related feature I add should have some sort of touch equivalent.

By the way, the latest version of fight the fluff (https://amarillion.github.io/tins21/latest/) has much improved tile rotation (NB this one isn't going to be SeaMonkey compatible either).

Thread #618478. Printed from Allegro.cc