I am getting ready for the release of Eagle 0pt8, here be CHM
Edgar Reynaldo

html.7z

Would you guys look at my docs and see if they are semi-okay or not?

Most source files are undocumented, but almost all headers are.

EDIT
Tarnations

bamccaig

You should consider a more portable and friendly file format. When I try to open it Windows warns me that it's an executable file, and because I downloaded it from the Internet it requires me to unblock it to run it. That's way too much trouble for documentation IMO. :P

Edgar Reynaldo

CHM is not executable. Something's wrong with the file too. Let me try and fix it.

amarillion

It opens OK in KChmViewer

Edgar Reynaldo

The file has a table of contents, but all the contents are missing when I open it.

bamccaig

All ur base are belong to us. 8-)

Chris Katko

virushax.chm

Edgar Reynaldo

Allegro.cc's upload mechanism probably uploaded it as a binary stream. It shouldn't be executable at all.

I've tried uploading it multiple places. Bitbucket fails to show me a captcha then says I failed to solve it. allegro.cc upload fails the download test.

Honestly the file works on my machine. I even used FileZilla to upload it. Let me try one more time.

I want to use CHM because that way it's all contained in one file instead of hundreds if not a thousand.

bamccaig

All files are just binary streams. What matters is what the system does with them when you "open" them. Which depends on the operating system, configuration, and software packages installed.

I don't know where the basis comes from that they're dangerous, but it's Microsoft Windows claiming that they are so either way not good for the Microsoft brand: either their documentation files are a delivery system for malicious software or Microsoft doesn't even understand its own technology.

Niunio

Pack it in a ZIP file (or bz2, 7z, tar.gz...). That should do the trick with the "executable" thing in uploading.

MiquelFire

CHM basically is a zip-like (I haven't examined a CHM file to see if it is a zip file or not) tech for displaying web pages, in the IE engine.

I think because they are basically HTML files, someone found a way to use Javascript and made the simple concept of a documentation file into a delivery system for malicious software. Remember, bad actors found a way to make Word files into virii.

Edgar Reynaldo

See OP Edit.

The HTML is packed inside the chm. Just use 7z to extract it and open index.html .

Chris Katko

who is this hacker known as 4chan?

Edgar Reynaldo

html.7z

Fine, a 7zip

:-X

Doctor Cop

Hi Edgar, I was hoping that you would make binaries available somewhere. I need to use a GUI library now, because making GUI functionality from scratch is taking time and I really need a GUI framework/library that works well with Allegro 5.

Edgar Reynaldo

Doctor Cop, sorry for the delay. I will build binaries tonight. I was hoping to stabilize the docs but if you're comfortable using Eagle without the docs, that's cool too.

William Labbett

Does Eagle do slider bars like the old A4 GUI used to?

Edgar Reynaldo

The widget set is not complete, but yes there are sliders, and if there is anything else you need, just ask, and I'll whip it up for you.

Thread #618292. Printed from Allegro.cc