Game Off 2018
Mark Oates

{"name":"611727","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/1\/f17200ad4a2772fc72edcdca2d6c98d4.png","w":950,"h":515,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/1\/f17200ad4a2772fc72edcdca2d6c98d4"}611727

30 days to create a game

You can use C/C++ (or most other languages you would expect to use)

Starts November 1, at 13:37 PDT
Ends December 1, at 13:37 PDT

https://itch.io/jam/game-off-2018

Edgar Reynaldo

I'm gonna make Pong. And it's gonna blow everyone away. ;)

Niunio

You can use C/C++

Fortunately they're not the only options. ::)

May be I try it. There's a lot of time since I made something, and it's also a good pretext to learn how itch.io and GitHub actually work.

Mark Oates
Niunio said:

GitHub

Oh, man. You gotta get on GitHub. Do you use Git or any other version control for your code? It's a game changer. Same with code testing, and also coding with a debugger.

roger levy

Notepad and tape backup are all I need!

Chris Katko

You can use C/C++

D it is!

amarillion

Nice, but I'll probably be working on food chain farm 0.3!

Niunio

Do you use Git or any other version control for your code?

Used CVS at job once (pain in the balls), then used SVN and still using it in SourceForge. I know GitHub has SVN interface too so I'm not sure why I should change. (Please don't explain here, people did, now I only need to use it and see if I like it)

Mark Oates

Anybody competing? I’m thinking about doing a Castlevania-type platformer 🤔 but am not sure what angle to take with it.

Niunio

Still planning. I have some idea to recycle an old SpeedHack entry I did but must define them better (add the hybrid thing).

Thread #617585. Printed from Allegro.cc