[TINS 2017] Dr Forest
Elias

Might as well create a thread here for my TINS 2017 entry. In my game you are the forest doctor and keep the forest healthy. For some reason that involves silly weapons, funky music and morphing.

{"name":"Screenshot_at_2017-10-22_18-35-48.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d279f00f2ab345a6a08ac86f8f76bf25.jpg","w":972,"h":575,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d279f00f2ab345a6a08ac86f8f76bf25"}Screenshot_at_2017-10-22_18-35-48.jpg

Windows .exe and source code

README

TINS progress log

git commit history

bamccaig

The dancing screen is very fun in this game. I found it very hard once I got to the 3rd level. The whole "throw" function just destroys trees, and there wasn't enough of the more gentle tool to eliminate the swarm of beetles before I ran out. Pretty cool entry though.

SiegeLord

Wow! This was super fun, I really liked the later levels. Sometimes I had to spam the reset button to get better RNG, but I managed to complete all the levels. That said, whenever the tree thrower was available, I found it a lot better than any other interventions as it was instant and very controllable.

bamccaig said:

The whole "throw" function just destroys trees, and there wasn't enough of the more gentle tool to eliminate the swarm of beetles before I ran out.

You don't need to click on the trees.

amarillion

The funky dance pause screen is fantastic! It's funny how such a silly rule can liven things up!

I got to the final challenge but I couldn't get past that yet...

Tiny nit pick: several times I accidentally hit the R button when trying to get rid of some pesky invasives on the corner of the screen.

Eric Johnson

Well done, Elias! The funky music and accompanied dancing is great fun to watch, and I really like the art style. ;D

Bruce Perry

I really enjoyed this one too - it has real gameplay :)

Thread #617103. Printed from Allegro.cc