MinGW Windows + lalleg44.dll Issue
ZoriaRPG

I'm trying to compile ASE, using MinGW via MSYS, and after a lot of set-up and work, I have the compiler reaching the end of the process, and then it halts with this:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lalleg44.dll
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [aseprite.exe] Error 1

Do any of you know if MinGW wants allegro44.dll, or liballeg44.dll.a here; and what is the correct path for the file? I dropped both the DLL and the DLL.A files in several path that MiNGW and MSYS use, and I am still seeing this error.

Suggestions are welcome. I'm fairly certain that I have compiled allegro 4.4 using MinGW/MSYS very recently, so I'm baffled at why this file is not present; but I also do not know why it is calling for lalleg44 instead of liballeg44.

I think I'll see what happens if I enable the static flag in the makefile, but I am not seeing any of the libs that it wants at the end, anywhere on my system.

Never mind. Static linking worked, but something is broken, as the programme opens, shows its display, and crashes on trying to load a BMP from a datafile (exported via Grabber). Lovely.

Edgar Reynaldo

It's looking for liballeg44.dll.a. It should have been produced and installed by your earlier work.

Also, do not mix mingw32-make and MSYS - if you're compiling in MSYS use make. If you're not, use mingw32-make.

Thread #617074. Printed from Allegro.cc