Building Allegro 5 at Debian
siery51

Hey. I been building Allegro 5 at Debian Jessie. While building I got this error:

[CODE]CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:570 (message):
X11 support requires Xcursor library.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/siery/Documents/lib/allegro-5.0.11/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/siery/Documents/lib/allegro-5.0.11/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".[/CODE]

I install Xcursor library with development files and i got the same error. So i look for all packages related with Xcursor. I install whole that list:

libxcursor-dev - X cursor management library (development files)
libxcursor1 - X cursor management library
libxcursor1-dbg - X cursor management library (unstripped)
libxcb-cursor-dev - utility libraries for X C Binding -- cursor, development files
libxcb-cursor0 - utility libraries for X C Binding -- cursor

and I'm still getting the same error while building.

Thanks for any help, Siery.

Ps. CMake error and output logs in attachment to this post.

SiegeLord

Try removing the CMakeCache.txt from the build directory and re-running CMake. Some of these configuration checks are improperly cached sometimes.

siery51

Thanks, that helped. But i still have some dependences I cant find. Please help me with that. I spend like 3 days installing allegro at Debian :/. And i still don't want to install packages I don't need just to check what works.

Thats all errors I'm getting:

Check if the system is big endian - little endian << Is that good or bad? C:
Looking for include file soundcard.h - not found
Looking for include file machine/soundcard.h - not found
Looking for include file libkern/OSAtomic.h - not found
Looking for getexecname - not found
Performing Test ALLEGRO_HAVE_PROCFS_ARGCV - Failed
Performing Test ALLEGRO_HAVE_SV_PROCFS_H - Failed
Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
Looking for X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h - not found
package 'alsa' not found

I already have alsa-base and alsa-utils. Should i install alsaplayer or alsa-tools?

Bruce Pascoe

Big vs. little endian just refers to how the processor stores integers in memory. Neither is good or bad, just a different way of doing things.

SiegeLord

Those are harmless. I suggest using pulseaudio backend anyway (libpulse-dev).

bamccaig

I think that there is an explicit Debian-howto on the wiki: https://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Install_Allegro5_From_Git/Linux/Debian#Dependencies

It may be slightly dated, but for the most part it should still guide you to a simple resolution.

siery51

Thanks. I fallow the instruction from this howto and it worked ^^. Some packages they propose there are old so if someone do the same, looks for actual packages so you avoid problems.

Thread #615998. Printed from Allegro.cc