Who is up for a speedhack?!
Chris Katko

It's been awhile. I'm still working on my Dolphin Emulator tessellation shaders (PN triangles soon!) so this weekend is bad for me. But let's put something on the calendar, eh?

Oh yeah... and my hard drive is dying. But SOON.

Matthew Leverton

Nobody ever made a good logo. >:(

Elias

Nobody ever made a good logo.

Not true, there was a few really good ones in that last thread.

GullRaDriel

I'm up for a Speedhack !

:D

furinkan

Meow?

SiegeLord

Red makes me angry!

{"name":"608436","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/2\/f25d14d619cbd6fcc77658ddeb01bb78.png","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/2\/f25d14d619cbd6fcc77658ddeb01bb78"}608436

Chris Katko

Needs a hammer and sickle. 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom

So Russia is taking over Allegro now? :o [1]

References

1. too soon?
pkrcel

What it ain't taking over I ask?

Can't do speedhack :(

Gideon Weems

FEED ME GAMES.

Slartibartfast

I'm up for Speedhack if it starts and ends in April.

GullRaDriel

Who sets the thing up ? Where is Amarillion ?

Ben Delacob

{"name":"608443","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/a\/6abbc311358acd1b13e4eb75e4ae14e0.png","w":802,"h":601,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/a\/6abbc311358acd1b13e4eb75e4ae14e0"}608443

Derezo

It's so horribly great.

Elias

Yes, now we definitely must have a spззdhacж just so the logo can get used :)

Johan Halmén

I just added a rule to rule-o-matic, inspired by this theead.

Fishcake

I've been waiting! ;D

Gassa

I'd like to take part. Did only TINS a couple of times so far. If it happens, hope to see a poll to choose a weekend.

GullRaDriel

I want a spззdhacж . Lemme haxx.

Edit:

Dennis said:

It's so horribly great.

Exactly. Let's make games with blood and violence.

Chris Katko

Let's make games with blood and violence.

We should each add a rule that would normally be hard to combine with others.

Like, must contain blood and violence, and someone adds "must be appropriate for children" or "must encourage pacifism or peace."

l j

Like, must contain blood and violence, and someone adds "must be appropriate for children" or "must encourage pacifism or peace."

The objective: kill everything that moves. After every level: "Don't try this at home kids!", does that count?

J-Gamer

The second one is actually quite "easy" to combine with blood and violence, if you make something that shows what's wrong with excessive violence ;)

@taron: :D

Chris Katko

Yeah, but every game submission gets reviewed, so uninteresting solutions to rules aren't going to get high points. 8-) Cleverness with the rules should be a point category.

GullRaDriel

So where is the set up ? when will the SpeedHack start ?

Mark Oates

If it's during the last week of April (27th+), I would probably do it :)

GullRaDriel

Come on, don't let it die, tell me what do you need to launch the thing up.

I can borrow some free web space @ http://www.nilorea.net , I recently bough it back (my friend who shut the old site also didn't renewed the domain name. I have it as my first own personal domain now :-) )

SPEEEEDHAXE

Elias

tell me what do you need to launch the thing up

Well, I guess you'd have to first determine a date, maybe with doodle.com? That would also show if there's enough interest in the first place. If only 5 people select dates...

Then if there is enough interest and a date determined, need a website which displays the rules and where everyone can upload their progress reports and their final games. (Several people here already should have a site like that, maybe they are willing to share it.)

Then wait until that date, go to http://www.speedhack.allegro.cc/rule-o-matic/spin and copy&paste the selected rules. (I have a feeling past hosters would do several spins and pick what they liked from that...) Or you are free to make your own rule-o-matic or just pick rules I suppose, that's the advantage of hosting it :)

Matthew Leverton

SPEEDHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o

http://www.speedhack.allegro.cc/which-weekend

Pick all dates that you think would work. Will probably narrow the choices down later.

Elias

Or just wait for Matthew :)

Mark Oates

I am so excite 8-)

GullRaDriel

Please someone make a 2014 logo, because it's still the old 2011 one ^^

Elias

For the 2014 logo, simply scroll up about 10 posts :)

Slartibartfast

I've put myself down for the two dates I find it very likely I'll be able to join, though I might give it a shot even if it is not in any of those dates.

GullRaDriel

Done for the dates too

Karies

I think Speedhack is the grandfather of all current game jams? I'm wrong?

AMCerasoli

I think I'll die and won't be able to participate on any SpeedHack competition.

type568

No, no. No dying please. & it's not a funny claim :@

GullRaDriel

Karies: don't know how old it is. But it's a competition free to enter, and it may be stimulant for you too. Come in !

AMCerasoli: too late. We have a post of you inside the SpeedHaxe thread.

type568: come too !

>:(>:(>:(

Gideon Weems

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :D

Quote:

Act of Dog

I never thought I'd see those words again.

GullRaDriel

It's smelling old good things, isn't it ? ;-p

AMCerasoli

too late. We have a post of you inside the SpeedHaxe thread.

What? ???

Edgar Reynaldo

He means it's too late because you posted in this thread, and so now you have to do SpeedHack with the rest of us. ;)

AMCerasoli

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see...

Hahaha I just broke the thread, since the thread is broken I don't need to participate! HA-HA!

{"name":"ct51c9fbc3.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/4\/a4e8693c03b2a9e147015ac107880040.jpg","w":672,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/4\/a4e8693c03b2a9e147015ac107880040"}ct51c9fbc3.jpg

BAF

Plopped my choices in. It's been so long since we've hacked! :o

Gideon Weems

Is there currently a way to mark rules as duplicates? There are two "winter" artistic requirements and two more for random elements.

GullRaDriel

Gideon: We're waiting for Matt to update the thing to 2014, maybe then... ;-p

Mark Oates

{"name":"608527","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/3\/a397427bc9f158a56de4f432d0a24c3e.png","w":640,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/3\/a397427bc9f158a56de4f432d0a24c3e"}608527

Button:

Multiple image sizes are attached.

BAF

Oooh, sexy!

Edgar Reynaldo

@Mark Oates
If you can make a logo like that for SpeedHack, then I think you should make an Allegro5 logo too. I'm curious to see what you could come up with. ;)

Derezo

That's a sick SH2K14 logo.

SiegeLord

I don't think it's flat enough.

Gideon Weems

Not enough hammers and sickles.

type568

I can try to codeh somethin', if there will be more hammers & sickles :P

GullRaDriel

I will be there.

Bruce Perry

Ooh @.@

I hope I'll be able to fit something in... :)

Karies

GullRaDriel: I would like to participate on this. For me, speedhack is a legend but the only think I've done using allegro is a 2d units(pixels) selection based on darwinia's way, looong time ago. The other thing is that I have kids and it's hard to get time for work on games.

By the way, best ever logo, although old logos have their special feeling

GullRaDriel

Well Karies, I also count only a few registration, and I also want to make a new try ^^

Let's hope Matt make his move to update the thing for 2014.

Thread #614100. Printed from Allegro.cc