I compiled the sources, I only had to make 2 small change to get the to compile under Linux. First was the use of #include <windows.h> that I just removed, second was a `for ( auto &c :` that I turned into a `for ( auto c :`.
I did have some problems with the display of transparency of the sprites, but I found they were fixed if I added an al_clear_to_color(al_map_rgba(0,0,0,0)) on every sprite bitmap before drawing the sprite into them. I'm surprised this even worked before on Windows. Allegro doesn't zero out a new bitmap for you, you have to do that yourself.
I attached the dynamically built binary for 64 bits Linux, which will only work if someone has all the same shared libraries I do, and a build script. Hope this helps somewhat, but feel free to ask more.