Changes from 5.0.7 to 5.0.8 (November 2012)
The main developers this time were: Dennis Busch, Trent Gamblin,
Elias Pschernig, Paul Suntsov, Peter Wang.
- Added alternate spelling: ALLEGRO_ALIGN_CENTER.
- Rewrite D3D display format listing code, which was broken. This should
re-enable multi-sampling and fix ex_depth_mask being slow with D3D.
- Fixed a case where changing fullscreen mode in D3D via al_resize_display
caused a crash and loss of loaded bitmaps information.
- Fixed a case where changing fullscreen mode in OpenGL (on Windows) via
al_resize_display cause nothing to be rendered after the mode change.
- Fix crashes when resizing a WGL fullscreen window.
- Fixed missing/incorrect resize events under Windows.
- Fix al_set_new_display_adapter on OS X.
- Fix use of invalidated pointers in D3D driver when the first format fails.
- Fix bug where setting the mouse cursor had no effect when
the mouse was captured (mouse button held down).
- Fix windows not having a minimise button when set to
windowed state from fullscreen window state.
- Respect ALLEGRO_FRAMELESS flag properly when toggling from
fullscreen window state to windowed state (Windows).
- Don't generate DISPLAY_LOST events when resizing a fullscreen display.
- Scale window icon to sizes returned by GetSystemMetrics (Windows).
- Fixed ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN_WINDOW under OS X.
- Added al_osx_get_window function (Dennis Gooden).
- al_draw_pixel was crashing when drawn on sub-bitmaps on OpenGL.
- Fix a potential crash when drawing the screen to a bitmap with D3D.
- Avoid null pointer dereference when setting a target bitmap after
its video_texture has already been released (D3D).
- Lock bitmap to prevent slowness when creating a cursor from a non-memory
bitmap on Windows.
- Conditionally lock bitmap when creating cursor on X11 (previously it did
so even if already locked).
- Don't use NSOpenGLPFAAccelerated unnecessarily (OS X).
- Fix incorrect keyboard modifier flags after leaving and re-entering a window
- Fixed a bug with mouse enter/leave events for resized windows under OSX
- Temporary fix for delay after mouse warp on OS X.
- Fix al_fputc on big-endian. Reported by Andreas Rönnquist and
- Make al_fputc return value like fputc when out of range.
- Fix al_read_directory crash on 64-bit Windows (simast).
- Don't include native image loader source files in builds with the native
image loaders disabled (OSX, iOS).
- Added a missing autorelease-pool to the OSX bitmap saving function
- Fix OSX native image loader for loading not-premultiplied RGB data.
Previously the data was "de-multiplied", with possibly all information lost.
- Fix OSX native image loader for loading bitmaps without an alpha channel.
They appeared completely black previously.
- Add builtin font creation function.
- Added ALLEGRO_ALIGN_INTEGER text drawing flag (Todd Cope).
- Made TTF addon include padding on the top and left edges of pages
- Use programmatically generated interpolators. They cover an additional
case which was missed and should be slightly more efficient.
- Support linear interpolation for 16-bit mixers.
- Add cubic interpolation for mixers (off by default).
- Fix potential deadlock in stop_voice for OpenAL.
- Fix potential deadlock in stop_voice for DirectSound.
- Improve buffer filling behaviour for DirectSound, reducing pops and
crackles significantly on slower machines.
- Increase default buffer size for DirectSound to 8192 samples.
- Fix setting the speed of an audio stream after it was attached to the mixer.
Native dialogs addon:
- Do not unload of rich edit module when closing one text log window while
another exists. Reported by URB753.
- Use default colours for Windows text log implementation, avoiding problems
when the previous custom colours failed, leading to black text on a
nearly black background.
- Install pkg-config files when cross-compiling on Unix.
- ex_synth: Add button to save waveform to a file.
- ex_multisample: Demonstrate using moving bitmaps.
- speed: Avoid poor performance due to needless redraws.
- Renamed a5teroids to Cosmic Protector
- Many minor bug fixes.
- Various documentation updates.