Changes from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 (March 2012)
The main developers this time were: Trent Gamblin, Matthew Leverton,
Elias Pschernig, Paul Suntsov, Peter Wang.
- Added al_register_assert_handler.
- Added al_draw_tinted_scaled_rotated_bitmap_region.
- Added al_reset_clipping_rectangle convenience function.
- Added al_get_parent_bitmap.
- Fixed a bug in the OpenGL driver when drawing the backbuffer outside the
clipping rectangle of the target bitmap.
- Make blitting from backbuffer work when using multisampling on Windows/D3D.
- Set ALLEGRO_MINIMIZED display flag on Windows (Zac Evans).
- Don't generate bogus resize events after restoring minimised window on
- Fixed bug on Windows where two SWITCH_IN events were fired when window was
minimized/restored (Michael Swiger).
- Fixed inverted al_toggle_display_flag(ALLEGRO_NOFRAME) logic under Windows
as well as a bug where repeatedly setting the flag to on would make the
window grow bigger and bigger (Michael Swiger).
- Fixed inverted al_toggle_display_flag(ALLEGRO_NOFRAME) logic in X11.
- Prevent a deadlock during display creation on X.
- Fallback to the 'old' visual selection method on X instead of crashing
if the 'new' visual selection doesn't work.
- Use the same logic in set_mouse_xy for FULLSCREEN_WINDOW as was used for
FULLSCREEN. (Max OS X)
- Added al_fopen_slice.
- Added al_set_exe_name which allows overriding Allegro's idea of the path
to the current executable.
- Make al_get_standard_path(ALLEGRO_TEMP_PATH) treat the value of TMPDIR
et al. as a directory name even without a trailing slash. (Unix)
- Make stdio al_fopen implementation set proper errno on failure.
- Add mixer gain property and functions.
- Improve code to check that DLL symbols are loaded in the acodec addon.
The old method was hacky and broke under -O2 using GCC 4.6.1.
Image I/O addon:
- Improved accuracy of un-alpha-premultiplying in the native OSX bitmap
- Added al_draw_filled_pieslice and al_draw_pieslice.
- Added al_draw_elliptical_arc.
- Added al_load_ttf_font_stretch functions (tobing).
- Added ALLEGRO_TTF_NO_AUTOHINT font loading flag to disable the Auto Hinter
which is enabled by default in newer version of FreeType (Michał Cichoń).
- Clear locked region so pixel borders aren't random garbage that can be seen
sometimes with linear filtering on.
- Unlock glyph cache page at end of text_length and get_text_dimensions
- Added new examples: ex_audio_chain, ex_display_events, ex_file_slice.
- ex_ogre3d: Make it work under Windows (AMCerasoli).
- a5teroids: Support gamepads that report small non-zero values for sticks
that are at rest.
- Added index to HTML version of the reference manual (Jon Rafkind).
- Various documentation updates.
- Other minor bug fixes.