Proposed fix for D3D TTF caching issue (Patch Included)
jmasterx

See this thread for more information:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/609404/

This patch fixes this issue by unlocking the glyph page before getting the width or dimension of the Glyph.

Trent would like Peter Wang to have a look at this patch since he optimized the TTF Addon.

Thanks

Peter Wang

Can you try this patch? It moves the unlocks out of the loop.

jmasterx

With the unlock moved out of the loop, it works just fine :)

Peter Wang

Eh, I made a patch and you didn't use it. Then you quoted a function definition but left out the function name...

Anyway, enough whining from me. Thanks for tracking down this bug :)

jmasterx

The patch you posted seemed to be byte for byte the same as mine, so I figured it was faster to just try the change manually.

Peter Wang

Mine had unlocks in two functions, like your first patch. I wasn't sure if you tested them both.

Btw, the reason I bring this stuff up is to smooth over the contribution process. Your name shows up a few times in the change log now. We can expect more from you in the future ;)

jmasterx

Sorry for not clarifying that I had tested both functions. I'll make a note of not omitting these things in the future :)

Thread #609548. Printed from Allegro.cc