Searching.
Emanresu

Is it just me, or is the search feature of Allegro.cc not returning results for anyone else? A few words/phrases, like Allegro, pixel perfect, work, however for the most part, I don't seem to be getting anything for results. Even when I know I've used a word and I'm looking for myself as the author.

For example: when I search for "pastime" and myself as the author, I get no results. http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/609288 (Even when I search for just pastime I get nothing.)

Anyone else?

Felix-The-Ghost

Try using the Google search. I think the Allegro.cc search is limited intentionally.

Edit: To answer the question, yes, it's very hard/rare I ever get results -- even when selecting my username as the author and selecting a specific subforum.

weapon_S

The Allegro.cc search engine is periodically broken in my mind :-/ If there was a certain criterion that would predict when my search fails on the site's engine, I'd appreciate hearing about it. (And then probably forget it like I must have done :-X )

Matthew Leverton

The search works fine. However:

1. Content is not immediately indexed.

2. Solr periodically goes AWOL.

Emanresu

It seems to be working now thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind when looking for answers.

Thread #609334. Printed from Allegro.cc