Changes from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 (August 2011)
The main developers this time were: Trent Gamblin, Matthew Leverton,
Elias Pschernig, Jon Rafkind, Paul Suntsov, Peter Wang and torhu.
- Restore searching of directories on PATH for DLLs to load on Windows.
- Fix crash on shutdown in headless Unix environment (no X11 display).
- Change all instances of al_malloc + memset(0) to al_calloc.
- Save memory in OpenGL case by freeing bitmap memory after uploading a
texture. Use a temporary buffer when converting lock buffer back to native
- Don't release or refresh memory or sub-bitmaps when D3D device gets
- Do not set D3D sub bitmaps to modified when first creating them. This can
cause major slowdowns when creating a lot of sub-bitmaps and is likely
responsible for slow font performance/startup when using D3D.
- Fix incorrect number of display formats in D3D (tobing).
- Honor ALLEGRO_VSYNC in the WGL driver.
- Make titlebar icons the right size on Windows.
- Fix typo causing weird results of al_get_monitor_info on X.
- Don't setup FBO for a sub-bitmap whose parent is locked.
- Specialise ADD/ONE/INVERSE_ALPHA blend mode software scanline drawers.
- Toggle ALLEGRO_VIDEO_BITMAP flag off when creating a memory bitmap (both
bits were previously on).
- Add null bitmap assertion to al_clone_bitmap.
- New system for mapping extended keys in Windows keyboard driver.
Mainly for getting the same keycode for numpad keys independently of the
state of Num Lock.
- More reliable updating of the toggle modifiers in Windows keyboard driver
(Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock).
- Fix race conditions when starting timers from different threads.
- Don't mix into a global temporary sample buffer, causing noise when two
separate mixers are trying to run in parallel.
- Make it possible to start/stop an audio stream which is attached to a voice.
- ALSA voices could not be resumed after being stopped, because the
update threads quit as soon as a voice is stopped.
- OpenAL backend did not handle the case where _al_voice_update returns less
than a full buffer.
- Attempt to load FLAC and Vorbis DLLs only once to avoid Windows popping up
too many error windows.
Native dialogs addon:
- al_show_native_messagebox() on Windows: add UTF-8 support; show heading;
show information icon by default.
- Reduce memory usage.
- Don't make multiple passes over strings when computing text dimensions.
- Make sure static builds on Windows never use DLL_TLS (Zac Evans).
- Made compilation possible with different combinations of Xinerama,
XF86VidMode, or Randr being present.
- cmake: Use find_path HINTS instead of PATHS in our DirectX SDK scripts.
- cmake: Search for D3DX9 once instead of multiple times (John-Kim Murphy).
- cmake: Find FLAC/Ogg/Vorbis libraries under the names generated by the
official MSVC project files.
- Include zlib.h explicitly for libpng 1.5.
- Add multisampling to SPEED example. Change examples to use ALLEGRO_SUGGEST
- Include the font for speed.app under OSX within the bundle so it can be run
by double clicking.
- Use default blending/pre-multiplied alpha in ex_blend2.
- Various documentation updates.
- Fix minor memory leaks.
- Better way to make the Python wrapper work with both Python 2 and 3.
- Include Windows-specific functions in the Python wrapper.