missing file in code::blocks build
Bob Keane

This is probably something simple. I installed and set up Allegro 5, following the wiki guide, on Code::Blocks 10.5 and tried a simple program to test.

#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "allegro5/allegro.h"
int main()
{
al_init();
std::cout << "Allegro version " << al_get_allegro_version << std::endl;
//textout_ex("Press any key...\n");
//getch();
return 0;
}

When building, I get the following errors:

errors said:

..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\internal\alconfig.h|28|error: allegro5/platform/alplatf.h: No such file or directory|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\internal\alconfig.h|57|error: #error platform not supported|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\platform\astdint.h|70|error: #error I dunno how to get the definitions of fixed-width integer types on your platform. Please report this to your friendly Allegro developer.|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\internal\alconfig.h|318|error: #error endianess not defined|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\fshook.h|26|error: conflicting declaration 'typedef unsigned int off_t'|
c:\program files\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.1\..\..\..\..\include\sys\types.h|41|error: 'off_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef _off_t off_t'|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\inline\fmaths.inl||In function 'int al_fixtoi(al_fixed)':|
..\..\allegro-5.0.2-1\allegro\include\allegro5\inline\fmaths.inl|207|error: 'al_fixfloor' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\BobKeane\My Documents\WIP\first\main.cpp||In function 'int main()':|
C:\Documents and Settings\BobKeane\My Documents\WIP\first\main.cpp|7|warning: the address of 'uint32_t al_get_allegro_version()' will always evaluate as 'true'|
||=== Build finished: 7 errors, 1 warnings ===|

I took a cusory look at the allegro5\platform folder, there is no alplatf.h file, but an alplatfh.cmake file. Did I miss a step in the instructions?

Thread #607555. Printed from Allegro.cc