After following your guys's advice i found it must be a path issue, allegro is initialized judging by the al_is_system_installed() function i added right before the al_load_bitmap. It must then be a path error which i cant grasp why, the file is named how it should and is right next to the .exe. the only modifications ive made to the program is now Object::Object(bool player) is as follows.
not much changed (nothing functionally at least)
EDIT::Found the problem, was in fact a Path problem but not my fault,
my IDE code::blocks which i was running my program from, uses the project folder to look for resources and files, not the debug folder that holds the .exe where most would assume. The program runs when launched normally but will only function when launched from the IDE if the resources are in the main project folder!