[a5] audio freezes on closing
SuperEndeg

I'm trying to add sound to my little app. Initialization part works fine. But when I get to closing part, I get jammed sound. And from this state I can only kill app. This happens only some times and it’s really annoying :).

Here's sound init part (al_install_audio and al_init_acodec_addon was called previously):

voice = al_create_voice(freq, ALLEGRO_AUDIO_DEPTH_INT16, ALLEGRO_CHANNEL_CONF_2);
    mixer = al_create_mixer(freq, ALLEGRO_AUDIO_DEPTH_INT16, ALLEGRO_CHANNEL_CONF_2);

al_attach_mixer_to_voice(mixer, voice);
    al_set_default_mixer(mixer);

if (!al_reserve_samples(16))
        NOTICE("audio", "al_reserve_samples :(");

I’ve tried to use only al_reserve_samples(), and it’s working the same, except it freeze almost every time on closing :(.

I’ve tried to stop/destroy all samples and streams before closing app, that didn’t help either.

And I also tried to call al_uninstall_audio, and it freezes on it.

So is there some real absolutely correct way to close sound system?

Using MinGW builds from this site.

Elias

Does ex_stream work?

SuperEndeg

Elias
If you mean ex_stream_file and ex_stream_seek from "examples" directory than I don't know. I've got compiled library only.

I've tried to remove all code that plays streaming data. It works the same.

It not freezes only if al_reserve_samples not been called. Don't get any sound, thought.

Elias

Ah, yes, ex_stream_file I meant. Can you compile and run it? I'd just like to have a complete source file where someone can try and re-produce the problem and using one of the existing examples always is best as everyone already has them.

SuperEndeg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899593/allegro/al_sound_test.c
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1899593/allegro/al_sound_test_bin.zip

Here's minimal version of sound freezing app. It's not freezing every time, sometimes I thought that bug is gone.

But if you comment out all mixer/voice code it's starting to freeze every time ???.

Thread #606696. Printed from Allegro.cc