So is it safe if I remove the assertion for the moment? My priority is to get it working for the moment just so we can at least test the game in both comps, not really needed for a release or something like that. I can wait for a proper fix for that later.
EDIT: Ah, I see you just comitted it to the 5.1 branch.
EDIT: Ok, I applied the changes from your revision to rc4, and the problem doesn't stop there apparently.
The program crashes with this message:
And here's the log as well.
Another assert I need to remove?