XInput support in 4.9
MiquelFire

I'm thinking about adding XInput support to Allegro 4.9. I found this documentation that gives a way to use both DirectInput (which I assume 4.9 currently use) and XInput at the same time. I have a question I want to ask to how I should handle somethings.

XInput controllers have an indicator to say which player the controller is assigned to (they are XBox 360 controllers after all). Should I just have the order Allegro use if a user has both XInput and DI only controllers plugged in so that up to the first four are the XInput controllers to match their lights, and the rest are the DI only controllers, or should the order be the way they're detected?

Trent Gamblin

My first instinct says to have the 360 controllers appear first, matching their lights.

If you need any help with testing or debugging let me know, I have a 360 controller and I'm interested in this driver.

Mokkan

I agree with Trent on how you should handle controller ordering. I am also very interested in XInput support for Allegro.

Mark Oates

Here come the addons! 8-)

I wonder if I could come up with a cool addon...

MiquelFire

For helping with debugging, I would like to get some people with both types of controllers.

Oh yea, should the triggers be on one stick, or each their own?

Mokkan

I think it would make sense if they each had their own stick (with one axis each).

Thread #604387. Printed from Allegro.cc