Cat sleeping more
Mark Oates

My cat is getting pretty old, and I noticed that he's been sleeping a lot more than usual in the past few months. Am I just paranoid and this because of the winter? Are your cats sleeping more lately, too?

Matthew Leverton

Mine have been more active lately. I caught one walking around.

Mark Oates
Quote:

I caught one walking around.

What are you feeding them crack or something!?

Roy Underthump

They've been mainlining Little Friskies again

Thomas Fjellstrom

My cat spazed out today after getting his head caught in the handle of a plastic bag my roommate left laying around. He ran through the house like a bat out of hell.. I almost thought there was another male cat in the house, but he usually hisses and growls, and he was being rather quiet.

LennyLen
Quote:

My cat spazed out today after getting his head caught in the handle of a plastic bag my roommate left laying around. He ran through the house like a bat out of hell..

My cat did that once. The faster she ran, the louder the bag rustled, and the more freaked out she got. She totally trashed the kitchen before I was able to catch her and take it off.

X-G

Normal, healthy cats sleep up to 20 hours a day, especially as they get older. It's probably not a problem.

piccolo

your house is probably boring for that cat. I think you should start digging a hole in the back yard. Just in case the bordem gets wose.

Matthew Leverton

piccolo receives the "funniest post so far in 2009" crown.

Neil Walker

My wife won't let me get a cat as she's scared of them. I always had cats when I was living at home :(

gnolam

And Neil receives the "best setup for a pussy joke so far in 2009" award. ;)

Johan Halmén
Poor Neil said:

My wife won't let me get a cat as she's scared of them.

I understand your wife. Cats are freaking creatures. I'm most sure they are from outer space. But I believe they've come in peace nevertheless, I love "my" two cats. My Lolli disappeared for a week last autumn, I think I mentioned it here. And I was certain that she just forgot to activate the pause-time mode before she got beamed up to the mothership.

Roy Underthump

Everyone I've met that doesn't like cats thinks they're sneaky, not scary.

Mark Oates
Quote:

your house is probably boring for that cat. I think you should start digging a hole in the back yard. Just in case the bordem gets wose.

:o

piccolo+=10;

Quote:

I'm most sure they are from outer space.

funny you should mention that. I had a dream about it last night. There were aliens posed as humans and at the very end of the dream, they reverted to their original form, cats.

Onewing

I thought cats were guardians of the underworld. ???

MiquelFire
Quote:

I thought cats were guardians of the underworld. ???

Nah, that's just what they wanted us to think. But they stop caring about that lie when too many of their kind was being killed by the Egyptians.

Erikster
The naive OP said:

My cat is getting pretty old, and I noticed that he's been sleeping a lot more than usual in the past few months.

Nope, he's just getting ready for a very long nap. Now brush your teeth and go to bed.

Mark Oates

:'(

Roy Underthump

But he's dreaming of all the catnip he'll have in cat heaven! And all the pu--, er, kitty he can handle!

Thomas Fjellstrom

Mark, its all about the journey, not the destination. As long as you both had a good time, you can be happy :)

Jonny Cook

I have no cats. :(

anonymous

Have you confused your cat recently?

Thomas Harte
Quote:

Mark, its all about the journey, not the destination. As long as you both had a good time, you can be happy

It's all about the journey for you and I, but per a cartoon in last week's New Yorker, not for luggage.

Ben Delacob

Does your cat go outside ever or watch from the window? If it's a winter thing it might depend on its personality too much for us to know. Mine doesn't like the cold much so he stays in and sleeps a lot in winter.

bamccaig

People need to stop treating animals like people. Not that I necessarily disagree with the fact that they can have personalities, but I find that more often then not humans completely misinterpret them. Sometimes they do things simply because it's logical, you know.

Roy Underthump

The cats here have developed a habit of beating on the bedroom doors at night, and the reverberation is loud enough to wake the dead. Chasing them away never gets associated with doors, just me, so they run from me even at the other end of the house.

Edgar Reynaldo
Quote:

People need to stop treating animals like people.

And conversely, people need to start treating animals like people, that is, as long as they treat people well.

james_lohr

Although I quite like cats, I have this recurring dream of a cat sinking its claws and teeth into either my neck or hands. The more I try to shake it off, the more tightly it bites and clings. I've actually woken up in a sweat a few times as a result of one of these dreams. The strange thing is that I've never so much as been scratched by any of our cats, or any other cat for that matter.

I do jokingly entertain the belief that our cat is intrinsically evil. For example, whenever I look at her, she has somehow made eye contact with me and is motionlessly staring back at me before I've even focused on her. I then usually raise an eyebrow in question to her, and in response her head will just barely perceptually bob, clearly with silent and malevolent mirth. She usually follows this up by lazily narrowing her eyes as if to say "everyone else here thinks I'm just a cat, but you and I both know I'm going to kill you later".

I desperately need an ally since I'm hopelessly outmatched in this confrontation, so I've been pushing for a large dog. I love dogs! I'd like some happy dog dreams please!

Roy Underthump

She's really saying "I'll kill you last, since you're the one who feeds me!"

bamccaig
James Lohr said:

[Evil cat...]

;D

GullRaDriel

I don't care about animals/humans. If one day I must kill an animal, I'll kill it. If one day I must kill an human, I'll kill him.

That's the way things are. Eat or being ate.

Thread #598806. Printed from Allegro.cc