The plan definitely is to make this into a library in the near future so that anyone can use it. I'm just patching all the holes and finishing off the main feature set before I launch into the proper release/maintenance stage.
Since I also recently discovered the joys of 'runtime registered plugin classes' I'll also be making it so that you can supply your own drawing code (for alpha blended rotated bitmaps, that's all it uses) so that it will be completely library independent for implementation.
It's all finished enough for me to be working on models for my own game so I won't be long until I release it properly.
Thanks all for checking it out! Please be sure to post any bugs/problems, as I mentioned before this is being sent off in my portfolio in a couple of days so it would be nice to know it's pretty solid.
I also noticed there were some questions at the bottom of the old release post that I somehow missed, here's the answers because I like to clean up all the loose threads. (no pun intended)
Michael Jensen said:
1.) When I change frames, all the changes I made to a frame are lost when I go back to it... what happend?
2.) Why does add frame insert a frame before the one I'm working on instead of add one after it?
3.) When I play the animation, the buttons to stop or control the animation become unresponsive, what the heck?
4.) Why do the textures have to be in png format?
5.) Can we get some kind of tooltips so that when I hover over a pretty icon that I don't know what it does, maybe it can say something to tell me what it is? Even in a status bar at the bottom of the window would be nice...
Finally: How soon can we expect a bmp-out feature? (or png-out, since you seem to like that format! )
1) You need to take a 'Snapshot' of the frame. It's the little camera on the far right middle. This just means you can play around without messing up any frames you've been working on.
2) I never remember this happening but maybe it did and I fixed it. Anyway, fixed.
4) PNG, IMO, is the best format for truecolor alphablended sprites. Maybe one day I'll chuck in magic pink support but it really is best to have the edges of your textures alphablended to avoid horrible jagged lines when they are rotated. Feel free to suggest other formats if you have a reason to.
5) Tooltips are defidefinitely planned but your status bar idea is pretty good. Would be quick to implement too so maybe I'll do that for now...
6) I'll start on the 'Bitmap Export' feature after my portfolio is finished so next week if all goes well.