To Do:
hagphysics 2d manual and examples
friction, adding masses, elastic collisions, elastic collisions with turning
"hagutil" generic programming utilities library
"concavehull" (with collision detection) library

Comments about interface?

Optimizations?

Peter Hull

If s is the vector from asteroid to ship and v is the velocity of the asteroid then is the tangential part
v-(v.s)/sqrt(s.s)
?

Regarding the interface, why don't you want to 'impose a data structure'? It would make the functions more straightforward.

Pete

[edit] No, rubbish, I don't think I understood your problem properly :P

fuzinavl

thanks, I figured out the tangental stuff

Every game has it's own data structures and unique physical behavior.
I shouldn't force coders to use my data structures.
Hagphysics2d is easily wrappable.

Fladimir da Gorf

Looks nice, but what would be really nice (though I don't know if it's out of the scope of this project) would be cutting the spring around a polygon (like a ninja rope "cuts to half" if it hits the ground...

fuzinavl

I plan to make an elastic cord object which can wrap around a generic set of movable points. The cord will exert forces on every point. The cord will not be segmented or "hang" in a curve due to gravity. The cord might remain frictionless due to the difficulty in programming "resting contact"...:-/

My project will be an asteroids type game, so the lib might not be completely suited for 2d side-scroller platform games w/ gravity.
I recommend flatland for that, though you must use their data objects.

Btw, this is just a code example to supplement the lib manual, not a real project.

Quote:

cutting the spring around a polygon (like a ninja rope "cuts to half" if it hits the ground...

Sorry, I don't understand. Could you please explain that another way?

Neil Walker

Have you got to sign up to download the file? Why not just attach it? I'd never trust a site that wants a login to download a file as they'll probably pinch my email for spam.

Neil.

Thread #548376. Printed from Allegro.cc