Need Windows/OSX .ogg lib
Gnatinator

Hey everyone, its time to put music into my game and I want to know if there are any good ogg player libs for windows and mac osx (linux would be good too, but not required). Preferibly easy to use aswell. :)

I just recently located DUMBOGG, but im not sure if it compiles on OSX, it dosent say so in the docs :P

I guess Fmod could be a last resort, but last time I checked, its OSX support isnt very good.

Any suggestions are very welcome

gnolam

There's alogg, which is preferred over DUMBOGG, but you'll have to see yourself if it compiles on OSX.

Samuel Henderson

Fmod would work too.

Steve Terry

Fmod is excellent but it seems every time they update the API to a new version something in the old API breaks and you have to change your functions :P Glad to see they added mac support as well.

Kid Russia

I always go with FMOD

Kitty Cat

The latest APEG can handle Ogg just fine. :)

Oscar Giner

I agree with Steve. FMod is a great lib, and I use it, but it's annoying that they do minor changes to the API that breaks compatibility. It's getting annoying :P

Gnatinator

Woah, I found Audiere which looks so mint its insane. The only downside is that it has like 4 support libs that need to be installed beforehand.

If Audiere fails, or becomes to much of a hastle, I will check out APEG. That looks really good too. :)

Marcello

fmod also has an awful licensing system. That's the main reason I'm boycotting it. :-)

Marcello

Thread #426321. Printed from Allegro.cc