most time you've been rejected by a girl.
the_y_man

So, thougt I'd make a thread about it, what was the highest amount of times you got rejected by one individual girl.

Just hit a record last week, 4 times. I'm going to stop at 5;D

mystiscool

Never. I don't date.

edit: I'm only 14, so...

23yrold3yrold

Well, I've never been rejected. So I guess I'm the man. 8-)

Kanzure

Never.

But allegro.cc rejected me after I port scanned her (being the server, Nicholle) on port 69...:-*

Quote:

edit: I'm only 14, so...

Burn in hell for mentioning your age. ;)

Sirocco

I'm married, so I basically get rejected daily.

RallyMonkey

I've never asked anybody out really meaning it. I've been asked out but always reject it because I think it is stupid dating at my age. Because the meaning of dating is marriage correct? Or atleast in the long run. And it is atleast 5 more years before I even think of marrying. Also it is more like a title than anything else. It's just so you can say that you have a girlfriend. And I have enough female companionship without a girlfriend.

Remember that I am just talking about people my age.

ReyBrujo

Only once, at secondary school. I learned to be patient and don't let "little RB" ;) to think for me. Yeah, it took me 5 years (basically all my time at University) to get a date with a girl I liked since the first day, but it was worth ;)

DanTheKat

Never even tried.

SonShadowCat

I think once.....for some odd reason, I never asked the girls I knew I could get out. Silly me.

wearetheborg

All the girls like me.

Rampage

I have never been rejected. Losers :P

Marcello

lmfao

Kanzure

Quote:

You mean the same one? ;D;D
Good luck with that 'dating' thing you have going on. ;)
I stick to ML's Cyberstud Dating Services(TM).

the_y_man

yeah, same chic rejected me 4 times, she's playing hard to get;D

Rampage
Kanzure said:

I stick to ML's Cyberstud Dating Services(TM).

Does it mean you date Cyberstuds? :o

Carrus85

I was rejected... lets see (depending on how you count). Either one really long time (period of over a year), or around 75 times. I was stupider then :P.

Kanzure

No. ML is a Cyberstud according to The Queen Of The Universe. I try to pocket some people now and then. You know - scraps; etc.

jhuuskon

I dunno TIMES. TIME, that'd be 6 years, then i stopped trying. :P

the_y_man

wow, 6 years on one girl that you couldnt get? the suckage!

kazzmir

I try once with each girl. Im not persistent at all.

Johan Halmén
Quote:

I'm going to stop at 5

How do you imagine your date will be if she says yes at the 5th time?

Inphernic

Can't remember. I've always got what I wanted, so to speak.

jhuuskon
Quote:

Can't remember. I've always got what I wanted, so to speak.

All you've ever wanted, so to speak, is to get knee'd in the groin. ;)

the_y_man
Quote:

How do you imagine your date will be if she says yes at the 5th time?

I have something called a sense of humour and decent social skills, something many allegro.cc members lack.:)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

I have something called a sense of humour and decent social skills, something many allegro.cc members lack.:)

Hardly :P Maybe a different sense of humor. Some might be an ass an say is "Not funny", but someone besides you has to have found you funny at some point...

Johan Halmén
Quote:

I have something called a sense of humour and decent social skills, something many allegro.cc members lack

Good think I lack those. I wouldn't like to be banned from allegro.cc :D

Reno Midgar

Me? Loads of times, cos I'm always too p*ssed (drunk) so never get taken seriously.

X-G

I don't have a mating instinct.

Jacob Dawid

Well, I didn't try, she tried...

I was just walking down the street when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned round and bloops I had the best kiss EVER... I could sell that to hollywood :)

ReyBrujo
Jacob Dawid said:

I was just walking down the street when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned round

Have you been playing too much Paranoia? ;)

Inphernic
Quote:

All you've ever wanted, so to speak, is to get knee'd in the groin.

At least I know what I want, so nyah!

Quote:

I don't have a mating instinct.

Don't worry. Primal instincts will wake up eventually.

X-G

Quote:

Have you been playing too much Paranoia?

Well, the Paranoia family of songs is hard, but they're not THAT hard...

Quote:

Don't worry.

I can take care of primal instincts just fine. Singleplayer is underrated. ;)

Jacob Dawid

OK, at this point here I HAVE to confess I have played TOO MUCH Counterstrike...

Steve Terry

I've been rejected every time I asked a girl.. however it seems that when a girl asks me out she's the obsessive type and won't go away after that :p

Neil Walker

Perhaps you are aiming too high. Follow this guide to be a winner ;)

1. Choose two of the following traits:

- fat
- ugly
- spotty

Or if you really are sad, choose all three.

This way you will be guaranteed 4 girls of different personalities.

2. Choose one of the above and you will be guaranteed a further 2 girls. Spotty girls who aren't fat or ugly may just be out of your league.

Neil.

Steve Terry

Jeeze.. I'm not ugly I'm just not social enough to go out and hunt one down, I have other priorities than getting laid you know :P

X-G

Quote:

I have other priorities than getting laid you know

Good man. I wish more people would be like that, but no, it seems that everyone between the ages of 13 and 25 are sex-crazy madmen who want nothing else than sex and go to extreme lengths just to get it. Might be pointed out that they don't want companionship either; they just want to get laid and that's it. End of story.

To those people I say: Get a freaking life. :P

Rampage
Quote:

To those people I say: Get a freaking life.

Meeee!

Well, I'd say that you need to have relatively good social skills (a life) to get laid. It's not like being all day coding in the basement, you need to have topics of conversation (besides the latest hardware and games) and stuff.

X-G

Has it ever struck you that some people don't think that "getting laid" is something extremely important you have to seek out, or just don't give a damn either way? Me, I'm appalled and offended at this sexocentric culture we live in. It's disgusting the way people think sex is the ultimate meaning of life, and something you just HAVE to do, and that everyone wants. Not saying sex is bad, but the way it's thought of today is just... urgh.

Me, I couldn't care less. If a girl finds me attractive (hah! like that's ever going to happen), so be it, but it'll have to be on my terms. It's just not that important.

I have better things to do with my time. Coding, learning, studying, all of those are infinitely more important than sex. It's just that simple. And, I reserve the right to believe anyone who cares that much about sex to be a pretty pathetic character. It's not solely about personal interest...

Rampage
Quote:

Has it ever struck you that some people don't think that "getting laid" is something
extremely important you have to seek out, or just don't give a damn either way?

I didn't say you HAD to care about sex. I'm not telling you that to do what you don't want. I just said that we don't have to abstain from it just because you don't like it. And it has not stopped me from finishing my studies, or getting a job, or keep learning :P

the_y_man

sex is my main motivation!

Richard Phipps

Phear those p0rn riffs!

jhuuskon
Quote:

At least I know what I want, so nyah!

So do I, Kirsi just doesn't seem to acknowledge that. ;D

kentl
Quote:

I wish more people would be like that, but no, it seems that everyone between the ages of 13 and 25 are sex-crazy madmen who want nothing else than sex and go to extreme lengths just to get it.

Well said! Altough i think that everyone who are single sometimes long for a relationship, as it is much more than just sex (it´s love to for example), but that´s something different than what you commented on and to be considered as a remark only to the subject.

Everybody Needs Somebody to love said:

When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joys within you dies
Don't you want somebody to love
Don't you need somebody to love
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

When the garden flowers, they are dead, yes
And your mind is so full of dread
I'd really like somebody to love
But it's hard to find somebody to love

Your eyes, I say your eyes, they look like his
But in your head baby
I'm afraid you don't know where it is
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

Tears are running, running in your bed
And your friends baby, they treat you like a guest
I'd really like somebody to love
But it's hard to find somebody to love

FMC

I'm still trying to ask... im too shy :-[:(
ashamed

Trezker

I've never been rejected, simply because I've never asked anyone.
What about the hultsfred girl you say, I didn't ask her, she didn't ask me, we just got together, like magnets we were drawn to eachother.

james_lohr

I've not asked either. This, coupled with the fact that all the girls that have asked me out (or let me know they like me through other people) have not been the ones I like, has resulted in me having 0 girlfriends :(. The reason why I haven't asked is not just down to me being shy/fear of rejection. In fact if the I asked out the girl who I really like and she said yes, it would probably cause more problems than happiness for me 'cause we'd be going to different universities etc.

I certainly wouldn't be looking for sex, only a long term relationship. That doesn't mean I don't have "mating instincts", it means that my logical mind is more powerful than my mating instincts. Actually I wouldn't even consider going out with a girl who believes that sex before marriage is acceptable.

SailorMoonchld

hugs ex gee Wow... X-G is a prime example of what I looked for and found in SSC. He wasn't obsessed about sex as most guys are. Ex gee knows what it's all about. :) Not just sex. Go ex geee!!

Steve Terry

Nothing on Steeeve Tee?

wearetheborg

Steeeve Tee: Ess Ess See loves you too!

CGamesPlay
Quote:

I was just walking down the street when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned round and bloops I had the best kiss EVER... I could sell that to hollywood :)

*mumbles*fucking nimpho*mumble*fucking lucky bastard*mumbles*

Quote:

Everybody Needs Somebody to love said:

What a crappy rendition of the Blues Brothers' tune. (I don't know the original author)

Anyways, to the thread owner: None of your damn business!

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

I was just walking down the street when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned round and bloops I had the best kiss EVER... I could sell that to hollywood

Here she comes, just a-walkin' down the street,
Singin' "Doo-ah diddy diddy dum-diddy do" ...

Derezo
Quote:

Because the meaning of dating is marriage correct? Or atleast in the long run.

I wouldn't say that.
Everyone dates, or wants to. Even those who never marry, or want to. :)
It's companionship and it's fun. It's different type of fun and companionship when s/he's more than a friend.

I still go out with a girl even if I know it's going to go nowhere.

Anyway, been turned down once.
I was drunk. ;D
If I remember correctly, my pickup line was something along the lines of 'Where are YOU sleeping tonight?'
::)

X-G

Quote:

Everyone dates, or wants to. Even those who never marry, or want to.

Eh... no. I don't, and I don't want to. And I have no plans of getting married either. So, there you go, Haddiman. ;)

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

So, there you go, Haddiman.

I swear, any new Strong Bad E-mail gets quoted here within 2 days. ;D He's behind the box!! ;)

Quote:

If I remember correctly, my pickup line was something along the lines of 'Where are YOU sleeping tonight?'

Smooth.

Neil Walker

Perhaps some lyrics to sing along to may cheer you all up. The Smiths may help ;)

Maybe:

I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way ?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry
And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well, when exactly do you mean ?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way ?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Or maybe:
Every day you must say
So, how do I feel about my life ?
Anything is hard to find
When you will not open your eyes
When will you accept yourself ?
I am sick and I am dull
And I am plain
How dearly I'd love to get carried away
Oh, but dreams have a knack of just not coming true
And time is against me now...oh
Oh, who and what to blame ?
Oh, anything is hard to find
When will you accept yourself, for heaven's sake ?
Anything is hard to find
Every day you must say
Oh, how do I feel about the past ?
Others conquered love - but I ran
I sat in my room and I drew up a plan
Oh, but plans can fall through (as so often they do)
And time is against me now...

And there's no-one left to blame
Oh, tell me when will you ...
When will you accept your life ?
(The one that you hate)
For anything is hard to find
Every day you must say
Oh, how do I feel about my shoes ?
They make me awkward and plain
How dearly I would love to kick with the fray ...
But I once had a dream (and it never came true)
And time is against me now...
Time is against me now...
And there's no one but yourself to blame
Oh, anything is hard to find
Anything is hard to find; for heaven's sake !
Anything is hard to find
When will you accept yourself ?
When ?
When ?
When ?
When ?

Or maybe even:
When you walk without ease
On these
Streets where you were raised
I had a really bad dream
It lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days
I never, I'm alone, and I
Never, ever oh ... had no one ever

Now I'm outside your house
I'm alone
And I'm outside your house
I hate to intrude ...
Oh, Alone, I'm Alone, I'm Alone, I'm Alone
I'm Alone
I'm Alone
And I never, never ... oh ... had no one ever
I never had no one ever
I never had no, no one ever
Had no one never
Never ... no ...
Oh ...

Surt
CGamesPlay said:

*mumbles*yuckying nimpho*mumble*yuckying lucky guy mumbles*

Muttering to yourself in public probably won't help your cause.

Derezo
Quote:

Eh... no. I don't, and I don't want to.

I mean normal people. ;)

How can you not want to have a girlfriend, anyway? Isn't that just part of being human? ???

Thomas Fjellstrom

I think he thinks girls are skanks, and it would make him skanky if he wanted one.

edit:

Or he's got so little self esteem that he "knows" no girl in he right mind would like him.

Rampage
Quote:

being human

You've hit the jackpot ;D

Derezo
X-G said:

I've got a couple of reasons...

It's not really that I don't want one. I just don't consider it worth the trouble of looking for one. And even then if someone should magically manifest on my doorstep and try to hook me, there's still the issue of maintenance. And I'm a very, very independent person. I hate to be a burden on anyone, and I hate catering to other people's interests. I know full well that makes me asocial and not fit for relationships, and that's just fine, heh. I don't need it bad enough. All I need is good friends and such. The physical bit can be taken care of.

Besides, there is no one perfect enough anyway. And even if there is, they wouldn't want this bloated excuse for a human anyway. :P

So, the reason is because it's easier this way. I don't feel like I'm losing out on anything big, so I can't really bother to do anything else.

Using quotes is easier than saying "X-G said this." ;D

Which, I can agree with. Part of the reason I don't have one, but not part of the reason I don't want one ;)
The 'maintenance' I can put up with. So long as she's worth it.

I'm too lazy (and self conscious, but not so much anymore) to go out and get one.

Marcello

Well some people might want a boyfriend, you should be open minded. ;)

Marcello

nonnus29
Quote:

Probably at least 10 times. I chased this one girl for about a year.

I had a friend who got rejected by this one girl a few times and they ended up getting married.

Quote:

I'm married so I basically get rejected everyday

Thats depressing.

Marcello
Quote:

That's more depressing.

Marcello

Derezo
Quote:

I chased this one girl for about a year.

That just reminded me of a time I got rejected! Didn't quite chase her for a YEAR.. but for a summer.

I was like.. 16, and she was a friend of my sister's.
Anyway, neither of us said anything. I just reached over, wrapped my arm around her, and started caressing her. Then I went to kiss her, and she pushed away.

I probably had bad breath or something, yeah, that was it. I'm sure of it! ;)

..we were with my sister and my cousin in a van. They both fell asleep. It was awkward after that.

Chris Katko
Quote:

hugs ex gee Wow... X-G is a prime example of what I looked for and found in SSC. He wasn't obsessed about sex as most guys are. Ex gee knows what it's all about. Not just sex. Go ex geee!!

Holy crap. Girls like you actually exist. :)

I've never been officially rejected, because I've never really asked. Actually, there is only two girls I've ever considered dating. One, was dating another guy, so it ended there. It wore off after a week or two. The other, well, I sat on it because I didn't know if I should, and now she's with another guy. :'( :) She's too good for me anyways. Also, I don't think she ever felt attracted to me, so that wouldn't have really worked anyway.

I think my type of relationship is one I'm in already and it just ends up turning into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship over time.

p.s. I'm also not in it for the sex.

[append] Damn, I somehow hit send post mid-writing. Meh, it's good enough. :)

Sirocco
Quote:

p.s. I'm also not in it for the sex.

Good, then you won't be disappointed when you get married, only to discover that you're now actually having less sex than you were when you were simply dating and/or living together ;)

Edit:

Derezo - Sigged. Oh so sigged.

Chris Katko
Quote:

Good, then you won't be disappointed when you get married, only to discover that you're now actually having less sex than you were when you were simply dating and/or living together

Is that suppost to make me want it? ::)

Life is more than sex. Though, your statement doesn't quite fit my experiences, since some friends of mine are married and they go at it like rabbits. So to say once your married, you don't have sex, is what people who miss being single say.

phate

I'm in it for sex ;D

But I have two issues:

-I'm Damn F-Ugly
-My ass has grown roots into my desk chair

For my current (never used) pickup line: see my sig

RallyMonkey

Are you sure that
"Current Task: Programming - Early Development (Alpha Stage)"
would work as a pickup line?

the_y_man

i really dont understand why guys are scared of rejection

Thomas Fjellstrom

Imagine being rejected hurt like someone cutting your hand off with a qtip.

SailorMoonchld

Go Chris! ^^ And Ex gee! :D I always hear that when you get married you don't have sex as often as living together and whatnot too... But then recently I hear/read that they do it more often than people just living together? :-/ But yeah... I think it might be either way depending on the couple. =_= I don't know. That is just me.

Derezo
Quote:

i really dont understand why guys are scared of rejection

Me either, really.. but I don't think it's just the rejection part that us guys are afraid of. It's the entire first impression. You've gotta do it well, or don't do it at all.

That girl I used the 'Where are YOU sleeping tonight?' line with, I met on the internet. Now that's comedy. ;D
You go to meet this person you met on the internet, and after a half hour or so of small talk they ask to sleep with you. Supplies! [Reference]

I found out months later that the line didn't turn her off. It was where and how I delivered it. Completely drunk off my ass, and in front of a few other people. We're still friends, and if she hadn't moved away a couple months ago I'd have asked her out properly. ;)
She's about 4' nothing though.. so I don't know how well it would work out... "Ok, honey! See you after work!"
Derezo lifts midget into the air, and kisses her :P

After I said that, my friend andy said "You're drunk, Eric."
..he says that a lot... hmm......

Richard Phipps

Quote:

Go Chris! ^^ And Ex gee! I always hear that when you get married you don't have sex as often as living together and whatnot too...

When I first read that I thought you were talking about Chris and X-G getting married to each other!

;D

Sirocco
Quote:

So to say once your married, you don't have sex, is what people who miss being single say.

I certainly don't miss being single. I'm much happier having someone to share my life with. And since my job requires that I travel frequently, and occasionally stay out for weeks or months at a time, it doesn't take long to remember what it was like being single; it sucks.

james_lohr
Quote:

Isn't that called stalking?

Kanzure

James Lohr said:
Quote:

Isn't that called stalking?

No, stalkers tend to not care if they are rejected past the second attempt. ;)
In the second and further attempts they aren't looking for approval. ;D

Reno Midgar

I think some Pink Floyd lyrics are required (concerning marriage):

Day after day,
Love turns grey,
Like the skin of a dying man,
And night after night,
We pretend its all right,
But I have grown older,
And you have grown colder,
And nothing is very much fun.....anymore,
And I can feel,
One of my turns, comin on,
And I......feel,
Cold as a razorblade,
Tight as a tornique,
Dry as a funeral drum......

RUN TO THE BEDROOM, IN THE SUITCASE ON THE LEFT YOU'LL FIND MY FAVOURITE AXE,
DONT LOOK SO FRIGHTENED THIS IS JUST A PASSING PHAZE, ONE OF MY BAD DAYS!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WATCH TV? OR GET BETWEEN THE SHEETS? OR CONTEMPLATE THIS VIOLENT FREEWAY? WOULD YOU LIKE SOMETHING TO EAT? WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN TO FLY.......? WOULD YA? WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ME TRY?

DO YOU THINK ITS TIME I STOPPED? WOULD YOU LIKE TO CALL THE COPS?

Why are you running away..........?

Chris Katko
Quote:

When I first read that I thought you were talking about Chris and X-G getting married to each other!

Crap... that means I'm the woman in the relationship...? (considering the 2K-Chan/Maidko avatar)

Then again, SCORE! I don't have to pay for meals, transportation, I can abuse him all I want, I can say he doesn't love me to get even more material stuff, we eat where I say we eat or I throw a hissy fit. Hellsa yeah! ;D

Samuel Henderson
23 said:

Here she comes, just a-walkin' down the street,
Singin' "Doo-ah diddy diddy dum-diddy do" ...

Just the fact that I recognized that song should set off warning bells in my head about how much of a social recluse I am.

Actually I have a gf.

I'm going out with a girl not for sex :O but for companionship. Our relationship is not physical at all. I don't even think I've ever held her hand. We just enjoy being in each others company.

deps

tried Girlfriend 1.0 a couple of times, but it always ended up crashing.
And it was expensive too. :P
Isn't there any Open Source projects out there?
Or any freeware versions?

Kanzure

The Open Source versions are decendants of the STL, so they're a b*tch. Although, I hear they run perfectly with lots of money. :)

Chris Katko

STL is a bitch? Since when? I don't know her too well, but I like her.

Steve++
Quote:

Has it ever struck you that some people don't think that "getting laid" is something extremely important you have to seek out, or just don't give a damn either way? Me, I'm appalled and offended at this sexocentric culture we live in. It's disgusting the way people think sex is the ultimate meaning of life, and something you just HAVE to do, and that everyone wants. Not saying sex is bad, but the way it's thought of today is just... urgh.

Me, I couldn't care less. If a girl finds me attractive (hah! like that's ever going to happen), so be it, but it'll have to be on my terms. It's just not that important.

I have better things to do with my time. Coding, learning, studying, all of those are infinitely more important than sex. It's just that simple. And, I reserve the right to believe anyone who cares that much about sex to be a pretty pathetic character. It's not solely about personal interest...

Can't get any, eh?

Matthew Leverton

Steve, not everyone thinks like you. Open your mind a bit. Some of us are actually driven by the head upstairs.

Steve++

Rubbish.

Jacob Dawid

I do not have the patience to read the whole thread, but I wanted to mention something to that sex theme:

I think that sex does not equal sex. The one type of sex is that one I have in a relationship and is a part of love. It is just a way to show
the partner how much I love her.

The other type is that one where you just wanna get a, let us call it,
nice feeling. I has nothing to do with love. I never practiced that kind of sex ( I am not in need to do it ), but I think everyone can easily find the difference.

Edit:

Concerning Steve, I do believe in god, but my very own opinion is that we are living in god, not for god. I do not think that sex is a bed thing as long as it comes together with love.

wearetheborg
SH said:

Our relationship is not physical at all. I don't even think I've ever held her hand.

I actually find that pretty weird. There should be a physical aspect to a bf/gf relationship... Just don't get all horny in public.
Samuel Henderson: My guess is that you're either 14 yrs old, or that she's just your friend. :-/

SonShadowCat

Or perhaps too shy. I would be the same if it wasn't for my urge to grab things.

wearetheborg

Too bad I picture things in my head so vividly. Stop with the details! >:(>:(>:(

Jacob Dawid

I didn't want to have sex with a girl when I was 14, the whole situation changed when I got 15. With 15 I had a first chance to do it, but I didn't want to use her, now with 17 I regard sex as a normal part of a relationsship...

Edit:
Just looking at your avatar... how old are you 14 15?

Samuel Henderson

Wrong. I'm 18. 19 in about 6 months. I've been going out with this person since march. We definitely are dating because I pay for most of the dates. We both work at McDonald's, I understand that she has her own money and paying for the date might not mean anything anymore, but I still pay. I suppose I could hold her hand or put my arm around her in public, Its more me being too of an antisocial moron to do such things. Plus, nothing bad has happened yet so why ruin a good thing?

Rampage
Quote:

We definitely are dating because I pay for most of the dates.

Case closed. ::)

Quote:

Plus, nothing bad has happened yet so why ruin a good thing?

This sounds like an oxymoron to me ;)

SonShadowCat

I pay for friends sometimes, doesn't mean I'm dating them. And if you guys were dating, she'd care a little more and pay sometimes for you :P

Nothing bad has happened, but has anything good happened either?

Trezker

"Beneath this cold hard shell beats a small steel heart made by shells from the battle of Stalingrad." - A friend on hultsfred

That pickup line actually works, though it was originally much longer and in swedish, I'm just too lazy to translate the whole thing.
He got something with him to the tent anyway, in the morning he also discovered the catch wasn't too bad.

I slept right next to them, had no idea who was having fun next to me until the morning, I was way too tired to care.

SonShadowCat

MmmM, quite fun to screw someone and not know who until you wake up in the morning...::)

Richard Phipps

The good thing about this forum is that some people are very different from yourself. It makes things interesting and entertaining. :)

SonShadowCat

Until you hit a sensitive topic....then into the flames you go :P

Richard Phipps

Not any way around that though.. And I sometimes think it's better than restricting yourself only to friends who don't go into personally sensitive areas of conversation.

SonShadowCat

If I had friends that did things that were sensitive topics to me( and I do) I would prefer them not to bring them up, for I get angry very quickly.

Richard Phipps

But then you'll always be angry. At least if you have these conversations you can try to move on and be less sensitive to them.

Derezo

Yeah, some people just can't handle sensitive areas of conversation. What's cool about a web forum, is that you can just avoid them alltogether by not posting anything related to sensitive material.

However, it's stupid to say something and then when someone asks a question about it, you get all offended. ::)

"I just had sex the other day!"
"With who?"
"NONE OF YOUR GOD DAMN BUSINESS, YOU DILLHOLE! GO SUCK ON A RAILROAD SPIKE! I HOPE YOU DIE!" ;)

A friend and I always talk about religious stuff. He's a touch fanatical, but not too bad.
Although it's usually when we're drunk..... I remember the last time he said that Fasting was invented by the bible. ::)
We got into that because I was saying about breakfast being the first meal of the day, and that it was breaking your fast. So he said something along the lines of "So the bible invented breakfast?"

That sort of.. umm.. stopped the seriousness of the discussion. ;D

DanTheKat
Quote:

Yeah, some people just can't handle sensitive areas of conversation. What's cool about a web forum, is that you can just avoid them alltogether by not posting anything related to sensitive material.

Well... Now I know why I love forums so much.

SonShadowCat

My friends don't bring up sensitive topics in a serious manner, joking around I can handle and do quite often, just not seriously.

RallyMonkey
Quote:

It's disgusting the way people think sex is the ultimate meaning of life

My seventh grade science teacher believed and kept telling us that the meaning of life was reproduction. The only way to do that that I know of is sex. So if you think like him. It is.

SonShadowCat

Theres a difference between reproduction and sex for pleasure.

RallyMonkey

True. But theres no way getting around sex if you want to reproduce. Personally I don't feel the way my teacher does. I also think that the world is sex crazy these days.

deps

Ever heard of cloning?

RallyMonkey

I don't know if that would be considered reproducing would it? Well it would be I guess because you produce the subject again.

Derezo

..there's also the whole 'being born in a petri dish' thing. Not exactly cloning, but might as well be ;)

I wouldn't let my science teacher tell me the meaning of life, though. Sounds like he was a bit full of himself?

Quote:

My friends don't bring up sensitive topics in a serious manner

I enjoy the odd serious talk with friends, about various things. I've talked with friends about sex, STD's, getting girls pregnant and all that sort of stuff. It's not like I would talk to my PARENTS about that kind of stuff. Ugh..

SonShadowCat

The only topic I consider sensitive is sex, I openly talk about just about everything else to everyone else.

Adol
Quote:

supplies! [reference]

Derezo: Don't tell me that's from vh1 with weird al now is it? That movie rocked ;D.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Derezo: Don't tell me that's from vh1 with weird al now is it? That movie rocked

Stupid! You're so stupid!

*goes to drink from the fire hose*

SailorMoonchld

I agree with SSC.. it is a sensitive subject. Always has been. I don't talk about the morals behind it with him.. we both basically.. note the basically.. have the same morals regarding it.. But we will not discuss that.

gnolam

Err... is it just me or is there something wrong with the concept of not being able to discuss sex with the person you're having sex with..?

SailorMoonchld
gnolam said:

Err... is it just me or is there something wrong with the concept of not being able to discuss sex with the person you're having sex with..?

Sometimes it is.. but I would rather him not be mad at me or at all. However, we do talk about sex pertaining to us? O.o;

wearetheborg

There's something wrong with communicating to your boyfriend/girlfriend (who's sitting not too far away from you) through these forums.

the_y_man

it's hilarious how the both of them deal with their real life issues on internet forums

[edit] fix0r3d my sp mistake

Thomas Fjellstrom

Its hilarious how little you try to understand that not eveyone is the same. ::)

the_y_man

It's hilarious how you make assumptions about what people do/dont understand8-)

Kanzure

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes it is.. but I would rather him not be mad at me or at all. However, we do talk about sex pertaining to us? O.o;

You're both crazy. If you get mad at each other over your beliefs, you really need to go work things out.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

It's hilarious how you make assumptions about what people do/dont understand8-)

It's painfully obvious you don't understand much of anything. Just look at this post:

Quote:

it's hilarious how the both of them deal with their real life issues on internet forums

It shows a through lack of understanding on your part.

the_y_man

or learn to communicate better, you guys shouldnt be putting your personal lives on the 'net...just think about it, whatever you write about you and your personal life will never ever disapear from the intarweb.

Thomas, maybe i just give enough of a damn to try to understand their situation
:P

Thomas Fjellstrom

For me, I have no personal life, my reallife consists of My immediate family (mainly my sister), and thats about it. For now, the internet is my life. Live with it, and quit saying stupid things.

the_y_man

hehehehehe sucks to be you!

boo hoo, maybe you should take everything everybody says on the internet and cry about it all day!

IMO, taking the internet as your life is stupid;D

Kanzure

TF: I believe Yves is trying to say that he would not want his personal life posted to forums in the manner of SSC&friends. He is entitled to an opinion. You can (and should ;)) ignore it.

Edited to save my ass. 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom

I'd just like yves to stop being such a retard. He can't possibly be this stupid.

Kanzure
Quote:

I'd just like yves to stop being such a retard. He can't possibly be this stupid.

Um..who cares? Let him be 'this' stupid. It's called an opinion. I don't see any counter-proof to why you shouldn't try to monitor what you put up about your life on the internet.

Edit
Yves: I point you to my previous edit in the upwards direction. :)

the_y_man
Quote:

ok mister smarts, where in this thread did i say something retarded?

Maybe you're taking the internet to personaly, go outside, talk to some people, develop some social skills. Maybe, then, your life wont be based off the 'net and your sister 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom
dumbass said:

ok mister smarts, where in this thread did i say something retarded?

Right here:

Quote:

Its not the internet, its you. You're an idiot. I can't stand people that can't even pretend to understand what it may be like for others, and make stupid comments, like

Quote:

Maybe you're taking the internet to personaly, go outside 8-)

edit:

Mr Edit said:

Maybe you're taking the internet to personaly, go outside, talk to some people, develop some social skills. Maybe, then, your life wont be based off the 'net and your sister 8-)

Right. If that was possible, I would. But again, you fail to even think that I actually have a condition that makes it impossible to stay out in public too long. Moron.

gnolam

Uhh... Yves was actually right for once. A couple discussing their relationship with each other on a public forum instead of face-to-face is just weird...

the_y_man

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I love it when people get pissed off over the INTERNET!

I love you Tommy :-**10

give it up thomas, you're wrong, and I'm right:P

Thomas Fjellstrom

read the edit fuckwit.

Derezo
Quote:

Don't tell me that's from vh1 with weird al now is it?

VH1? VH1? We don't need no stinkin' VH1! ;)

It's UHF, anyway. Heh...

Hey, Yves and TF. I got an idea!
STFU! ;D

Kanzure

I'd like to point out..

Quote:

Its not the internet, its you. You're an idiot. I can't stand people that can't even pretend to understand what it may be like for others, and make stupid comments, like

Okay, so it is the people talking. Very true. But it's just text. Relationship communication is better (majority says, at least) when talking instead of text. It's over the internet where people can see it from around the world. Perhaps that's just a stupidity factor...;)

Pssst! You're both right. ;)

the_y_man
Quote:

read the edit yuckywit.

boohoo, you hurt my feelings!!!!:'(

:-* you get another kissy

sticks and stone dude....

SonShadowCat

To settle the little thought that smc and I talk about our relationship online rather than in real life, that is false. We do it in real life but it often spills out onto here, think of allegro as a blog, heh.

Kanzure

Allegro is not a blog.
I've hated how people use blogs as emotional containers. Although good to release emotions, wouldn't it be best to keep it..like..private to a select group?!
Edit: If you can be hurt by what you say, of course and only if.

the_y_man
Quote:

Allegro is not a blog.
I've hated how people use blogs as emotional containers. Although good to release emotions, wouldn't it be best to keep it..like..private to a select group?!

I have a great idea, use Thomas as your blog. He seems to care a great deal about the both of you:o

SonShadowCat

Even better idea, go back to the miserable banned hole you crawled out from.

Edit:

Quote:

You're both crazy. If you get mad at each other over your beliefs, you really need to go work things out.

Not every couple shares the same beliefs. Its only natural to have differing beliefs on some subjects, and it is also natural to get a little angry as long as you talk about it and nothing too bad happens from it.

the_y_man

i h4x0r3d my way out. It was quite simple, i had to divert all the warp plasma into the deflector dish. I then created a stable warp field.

Gotta love startrek8-)

It seems people here actually really hear me out, never before had i been given so much attention on a.cc.

If you cant take my little opinions (such as TF, the guy just couldnt handle it, he resorted to name calling...how low...), i dont think forums are your cup of tea.

Derezo

C'mon guys, Yves ain't so bad.

He's like the newb who never learns to play ;)
Think of him that way, and everything he says is funny as all hell. It doesn't even have to make sense! Which is good, because usually, it doesn't ;D

the_y_man

Derezo, you sir, are l33t

Derezo

See what I mean, folks?
BRILLIANT! ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

That was so amazing that there are no words to describe it. So, I'm going to make one up. Scrumtralecent.

(I'm just one big reference book...)

Kanzure
Quote:

It was quite simple, i had to divert all the warp plasma into the deflector dish. I then created a stable warp field.

Wouldn't the warp field collapse after 20 seconds at Warp 9.93? You wouldn't get too far, especially with the dilitheum matrix destabalizing and all.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

(I'm just one big reference book...)

Stil haven't read HHGttG though, have you? ;) Hi, guys, you must be so amazingly glad to see me you can't even find words to tell me what a cool frood I am ...

In other news, why is TF so testy? :-/

Quote:

C'mon guys, Yves ain't so bad.

He's like the newb who never learns to play

We should isolate him to the OT forums then, so some of us don't have to put up with him. :)

Derezo
Quote:

HHGttG

Y'know, I should just go right out this second and buy that. At 11:30am.

ctrl +n
amazon.ca enter

;)

[edit] For $12, how can I lose?
Hell, while I'm at it.. I'll get a few more :P

23yrold3yrold

Buy all the books though. All five.

EDIT: You want this.

the_y_man
Quote:

In other news, why is Thomas Fjellstrom so testy?

His hormone levels must off the hook again. He's been attacking me at all opportunities, and providing me with loads of fun

;D

[edit]

credits: TF, you get a credit because i love you:-*

Derezo

There's 5? .. but.. and.. with..

Ok..
Douglas Adams: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy/the Restaurant at the End of the Universe/Life, the Universe and Everything/So Long, and Thanks F

.. for the what!? For the flowers? The roses? THE MAPLE TREE'S?
Like, throw me a fricken bone, here. ;)
Apparently they had the whole collection in one buy, but it's out of print.

23yrold3yrold

See my edit, Derezo. :)

The fourth book is So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish. Last one is Mostly Harmless.

the_y_man
Kanzure said:

Wouldn't the warp field collapse after 20 seconds at Warp 9.93? You wouldn't get too far, especially with the dilitheum matrix destabalizing and all.

Quite simple, I used the plasma inducers, and to beef things up, i had secondary EPS conduits safeguarding hull integrity!

Chics love geek-trek talk!

Kanzure

Quote:

Quite simple, I used the plasma inducers, and to beef things up, i had secondary EPS conduits safeguarding hull integrity!

That's...genuis! What are you doing for phaser power against wearetheborg and TF?

Derezo

Ok.. so, while the thread is still open, any other books I should get my hands on? ;)

I'm grabbing a copy of the A+ Certification Training.. even though I can currently pass the example core tests I got off a CD ;) (My OS skills are awful though, I suck at DOS more than I thought!)

the_y_man
Quote:

Ok.. so, while the thread is still open, any other books I should get my hands on?

pr0n magazines make you take your hands off the books:-/

Kanzure

Ender's Game, by Orason Scott Card. And all the others in the series. And Dune. And...and...oh, and that one!

Derezo

Yes. Yes they do.
..but, like I said, I want to get my hands on some books. :)

[edit]Hmm.. well, maybe I should stray away from series books for now ;)
Otherwise I'll be reading for decades!

the_y_man

old but great book: Angela's Ashes

Derezo

Angela's Ashes sounds depressing :(

Quote:

From Amazon.com
"Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood," writes Frank McCourt in Angela's Ashes. "Worse yet is the miserable Irish Catholic childhood." Welcome, then, to the pinnacle of the miserable Irish Catholic childhood. Born in Brooklyn in 1930 to recent Irish immigrants Malachy and Angela McCourt, Frank grew up in Limerick after his parents returned to Ireland because of poor prospects in America. It turns out that prospects weren't so great back in the old country either--not with Malachy for a father. A chronically unemployed and nearly unemployable alcoholic, he appears to be the model on which many of our more insulting cliches about drunken Irish manhood are based. Mix in abject poverty and frequent death and illness and you have all the makings of a truly difficult early life. Fortunately, in McCourt's able hands it also has all the makings for a compelling memoir.

I haven't cried so hard since I was a little girl..

the_y_man

it's depressing, yet funny in its own way.
I really recommend you read it, you'll feel very very greatful for what you have after reading that book.

RallyMonkey

Thats sounds very strange coming out of your avater. And yet, for some reason, I have a bucket on my head.

SailorMoonchld

What's wrong with being weird? Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here? Diana posted about Manjula's wedding with pics, james posted on himself building a patio again with pics, and when someone starts a topic on dating, a lot of you reply to it and it becomes a discussion on who has done what and why but without pics.. ::)

If you really want to give SSC and I a name, you can call us what another chat called us (though changing names to fit here..), Allegro.cc's soap opera. There.. :)

Yes it's a little late for replying to this.

Derezo
Quote:

Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here?

ML generally doesn't write too much personal stuff on here.. :P

[edit]
Oh, and for the record, I decided to go with computer books + hhgttg :P
Network+ and A+ certification books.. a little pricey, but I'm sure they'll pay for themselves....

the_y_man

actually sscluvsme, you're one of the very very very few people here who writes very personal stuff on this site

Matthew Leverton
sabrina said:

Who hasn't wrote something personal about themselves on here?

There's a difference between:

1. Posting something about an interesting achievement, and

2. Posting something about a personal nit-picky "soap opera" fight that only concerns the two people involved.

I We don't care to see you or any other attention deprived person try to get satisfaction by stalking their supposed boyfriend.

If you're sitting in the same room, then figure out how to extract yourselves from your computer chairs and socialize with each other. You don't need to fly across the country to use instant messaging.

It's not like you even have anything interesting to say. Soap operas can be entertaining if there's something funny or unique to be said. But non-stop, mindless chatter about some silly on and off relationship is the very definition of pathetic.

And for the record, being the cyberstud that I am, I've never been rejected.

Thread #393626. Printed from Allegro.cc