The milk challenge
sicgamemaker

Apparently, it is some record that a guy drank an entire gallon of whol emilk in an hour...wihtout throwing up. ME, and 4 of my freinds here at college, decided to test this. After an hour, teh score was
me: 3/4 gallon
dude 1: 1/2 gallon
dude 2: 3/4 gallon
dude 3: gallon

after a very shoprt time, say 30 seconds, teh guy taht finished the gallon thrwew up all over the path that connects two of our dorms. i, after attempting to drink mor emilk, threw up all over the path too. dude #2 also puked his guts out, and soon followed dude 1. it was really funny, and none of us actually did it. i was wondering if anyone else had ever had any luck at this? hehe, or comments on how stupid we are, anything would be appreciated

**note: on top of that, i discovered the hard way that what doesnt come back up, goes all the way through in a apinfull, horrifying display of explosive gass and 'other' substances :(

Trezker

I don't think I'll ever try that. But I'm sure you could make it if you practice.;D

DanTheKat

Imagine if you chugged b33r like that.

Cage

Eh, I bet I could but my mom wouldn't let me:-/
I'm the one who goes to the buffet and downs 5 heaping plates of food with my mom completely embarassed that we're sitting at the same table ;D

Trezker

THe milk must be chilled and not taste too much I think.???

Araanor

American gallon, right? That's 3.7854 litres... wonder if I'd make it...

Cage

Heh, when I do, I'll get myself some sour, warm milk ^_^

Trezker

Hmm.. I'm completely certain I wouldn't be able to press down 3.7854 litres. Unless an inhuman drought fell upon me.

jhuuskon

a gallon of skinned milk any day but whole milk would be tough.

sicgamemaker

yeah, your supposed to do it with whole milk. its hard...i dont know a single person taht had ever accomplished it...we've been close tho, and its really funny if you do it with a bunch of poeple....

ElPuerco

Just wondering what did you see
when you throwed up...

Because... from my personal experience...
everytime I throw up after drinking lots
of beer, I see things that I dont even remember
I have eaten!

They look like carrots though...;D

Zaphos

A couple kids at my school saw that on that tv show -- jackdonkey -- a year ago and tried, but also failed. I think the people on the tv show failed, too. But it was amusing to watch ;D

Supposedly the milk does weird stuff in your stomach, after a point ... so it's very different from drinking a gallon of, well, anything else.

Oh, and because you wanted to know, the puke is very very liquid, because the milk that you throw up is the stuff your body did not really process, and it's still white. Looks ... just like milk.

Thomas Fjellstrom

hmmm... Did anyone know that you're not really supposed to drink milk after youre a baby? Even cats shouldn't drink milk after being kittens, When I hear people complain how bad thier litter stinks after a single day, I just laugh. We had 4 cats, the smell only got as bad as thiers after 5 days (they only had ONE cat). Humans have the same problem. Everyone I know either gets bad gas, or a stomach ache from drinking milk.

The Night Hawk

hmm Thomas,I must say, I have never ever heard of that. Pullin' our leg, ay? :) Where do you have that from?

DanTheKat

Thomas has access to secret government information.

Thomas Fjellstrom

Mostly from experiance. But also from the fact that Everyone is a bit allergic to it. Tell me you don't get ANY gass (or a stomach ache) from drinking the Recomended ammount of milk per day. Normally I don't notice a thing, but If I have 2 bowls of cereal, after not having had much milk for a while, I get physically sick. So do Most of my family, friends, and people I've gotten into (weird) conversations with, (on the net or otherwise...)

Add to the fact that If there was a milk we humans are supposed to drink, it would be breast milk, not milk from a cow, that milk is made by cows specifically for other cows...

DanTheKat

I thought they processed cow milk so it's safe for human use.

Thomas Fjellstrom

sure... They make sure there arn't any microbes or diseases, etc.. But that doesn't mean your digestive tract likes it.

DanTheKat

Well... They need to use different preservatives, they can be unhealthy ya'know?

Got b33r?

Thomas Fjellstrom

Not the problem. the problem is the Lactose and other natural ingredients of milk. and anyways, the milk around here really doen't have much for preservitaves... Mainly cause the milk is pasturized to get rid of any organisms that may turn the milk sour. (which keeps the milk fresh longer.)

p.s.: don't like beer. The after taste is awefull, and so is the before taste. ;D

The Night Hawk

You have a degree in milk or something? ;D

DanTheKat

Yeah. He went to college to study the effects of milk and how it's made many of our people sick. He thinks we should find some other calcium supplement to save our stomachs from the deadly lactoce poison.

Cage

He's right, ya know (I've been preaching the same thing for a long time)- how many times do you see a critter up an' suck another species' milk?
Besides, when the mad cow disease spreads bigtime, it'll be in the milk and beef.;)

Araanor

Actually, people in milk-guzzling parts of the world are pretty tolerant. I drink regularly, and I can't trace any adverse effects back to it.

You could have a little bit of intolerance in the family, Thomas.

Of course, I'm just speculating...

Zaphos

Actually ... I'm pretty sure that milk is healthy. Yep. Unless of course, all the people who actually did research on the subject are somehow wrong, or something.
And mad cow disease only spreads through certain parts of the cow. The milk is not one of these parts.

Derezo

The milk from a cow is ALMOST the same as the milk from your mama's tit ;)

Also..

Quote:

how many times do you see a critter up an' suck another species' milk?

If you have a litter of kittens, and a female dog, the kittens will suck the dog.

heh, also, when do you see a critter mass-breed another species in a contained area for the sole purpose of killing them? ;)

I drink milk every now and then, and it doesn't have any effect on my system.... I really should drink more :)

Matthew Leverton

Milk is generally good for you, especially the younger you are. I love milk, and drink it with just about every meal.

I don't drink milk (or really anything else) on an empty stomach though.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

Actually ... I'm pretty sure that milk is healthy. Yep. Unless of course, all the people who actually did research on the subject are somehow wrong, or something.

This reminds me of the 'studies' and 'claims' of the tabaco industry... Years ago, they claimed (on national, radio/TV) that Cigarettes ARE good for you.

Quote:

Milk is generally good for you, especially the younger you are.

Yes. I'll agree Milk is good for you when you are YOUNG. But there is a reason babys get weened of of thier mothers milk, and its not because of a culteral bias (cause animals do the same thing too).

Quote:

You could have a little bit of intolerance in the family, Thomas.

Yup. We ALL have a bit of intolerance... Not just my family. Trust me. I used to drink milk like mad. Untill I started to get sick from it.

DanTheKat
Quote:

Trust me. I used to drink milk like mad. Untill I started to get sick from it.

You drank it like mad? Now we know why you think milk is poison.

Araanor

I'd rather say we all have tolerance. People in countries where they don't consume milk (or nearly nothing) will by comparison be very intolerant to lactose. They would not find it pleasant to devour.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

You drank it like mad? Now we know why you think milk is poison.

hmmm... Ok a little bit to literal... I should say I drank around the ammount that the canadian food guide recomends. I don't think milk is poison, but just not something that is needed after you're a baby.

Basically all milk is for it to energize a baby... Youd be supprized at the amount of energy a growing infant needs.

Derezo
Quote:

This reminds me of the 'studies' and 'claims' of the tabaco industry... Years ago, they claimed (on national, radio/TV) that Cigarettes ARE good for you

And that's why some older folks still believe this to be true! :)

Also, back in the days of "Coca Cola", when they actually put coccaine (sp?) in the drink, the Pope himself deemed the drink healthy. Aswell as several world leaders.

Guess that didn't stick though.. now Coca Cola uses a de-coccainized coca leaf. ;D

Not that I agree that milk is unhealthy, but I agree that people have 'prooven' false truths :)
Another example is back when they prooved that the world was flat... or that the Sun/Moon orbit the Earth.. or back when they thought pluto was actually a planet instead of a block of ice.. Or when they figured lead wasn't poisonous.. someone had to have proven that...

and.. why in the name of uncle Sam were they sticking mercury in thermometers? Bloody Christ :o

Don't get me started on TV Radiation.. shields his eyes from the electron beams gushing forth from his monitor

Anyways, milk, yeah.. .. love that stuff..

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Another example is back when they prooved that the world was flat

But the Earth really is flat!!! ;D ;D

mEmO

I hope they're kidding...

23yrold3yrold

I was, but they're not.

Thomas Fjellstrom

Ok... Some people have WAAAAYYYY to much time on thier hands. I don't see how any of that can be taken seriously... England, and North Dakota don't exist? Along with the claim that there is only ONE Springfield? and the rest are just 'hard links' to it? I'm thinking some geeks were having a little too much fun with that one. (while drunk probably)

23yrold3yrold

I don't think it's a joke; talk.origins at least seems to take it very seriously ....

Thomas Fjellstrom

Then they are all insane. Its impossible to take thier FAQ seriously. I swear it must have been a Aprils foo joke one year, and a few gullible people took it a bit too literally.

Im fairly open minded but that page... It screams 'Laugh at me'.

Derezo

So what happens when you go "off the edge" again? Maybe I should read the whole article ;)

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

So what happens when you go "off the edge" again?

"As shown in a map published by Johnson, the known world is as circular and as flat as a phonograph record. The North Pole is at the center. At the outer edge lies the southern ice, reputed to be a wall 150 feet high; no one has ever crossed it, and therefore what lies beyond is unknown."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Thomas Fjellstrom

Thats funny. Because the FAQ on the site says other things.

23yrold3yrold

What I want to know is why these guys feel a Flat Earth theory doesn't allow for the existence of Idaho and North Dakota. Wherever will I get my potatoes now?

Amusing how they group Australia and Narnia in the "places that have never been proven to exist" list ::)

Bob

You'd get them from wherever you usually get them. Idaho and North Dakota never existed to begin with!

23yrold3yrold

:o Oh no! It's true!

Thomas Fjellstrom

You guys are starting to sound a bit like that site... Its scawey.

23yrold3yrold

But the site is true! Have you ever met someone from Narnia? Have you? HAVE YOU!?!

Thomas Fjellstrom

And what if I HAVE? ;)

Bob

Then he/she's obviously lying. We've already established the fact that Narnia is a lie and doesn't exist.

Thomas Fjellstrom

Who's to say that Narnia isn't a fable that has it's roots planted in truth?

DanTheKat

I think the Earth is flat. How else can we implement the tilemap on it's surface?

23yrold3yrold

Tilemap?!? It's a bumpmapped sphere .....

Zaphos

No, it's just a looped map. You can use modular operations to ensure that you're tile value is always valid.

23yrold3yrold

A looped map would be a torus ;) Mmmmmm .... doughnuts ....

Bob

No, it's one where it repeats indefinately.

if (cur_pos_x < 0)
  cur_pos_x += width;
if (cur_pos_x > width)
  cur_pos_x -= width;
if (cur_pos_y < 0)
  cur_pos_y += height;
if (cur_pos_y > height)
  cur_pos_y -= height;

23yrold3yrold

So the world repeats indefinitely in all directions? I wonder how many of me there are then. We should have a convention ....

Bob

There's only one of you. If that when you cross the magic boundary of the world, you're instantly teleported to the other side. Of course, since you never realise that the teleportation happened, you can't know exactly where this boundary is.

23yrold3yrold

If the left and right match up, and the top and bottom match up, it's a torus. The world is a doughnut!!

Thomas Fjellstrom

That still doesn't explain the Springfield effect... If that was true, than every place would be like springfield.

Bob

Well I dunno. You should probably mail them and ask for details.

Thomas Fjellstrom

;D

Trezker

Interesting what can happen when you talk about milk.:-/

the_y_man
Quote:

Interesting what can happen when you talk about milk.

Well Thomas and Chris can start major spam attacks!

Mars

Once more I'm scared what size threads on certain topics develop.:o

spellcaster
Quote:

. If that when you cross the magic boundary of the world, you're instantly teleported to the other side

Nope.
I've visited the edge of the world. Quite nice there. Lot's of strawberry cake.
And there wasn't a teleporter. Or it was well hidden.
But the cake was great....

the_y_man

Spellcaster, what kind of cake was it?

kdevil

Strawberry cake? You must be mistaken. The cake was quite clearly chocolate. With vanilla icing.

Bob

That's exactly the sort of thing that happens when you divide by 0. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!

Derezo

Bob, you rotten, rotten spammer ;)

.. btw, it was strawberry CHEESE cake..
I still don't know how or why it grows on tree's there.. ???

oh well, I can't complain..

spellcaster

In fact, they had all these cakes... but I liked the strawberry cake best.
But I must say that I had better coffee before.. anyway: The view was great :)

Thomas Fjellstrom

ok... I disown all of you... bah.

edit: especially you... you.... Abomination of an ewe..

the_y_man

argh stop the spamming!!!!!!

23yrold3yrold

Yves: you should talk ::) I have to take credit for this spamthread though; I'm the one that posted the links to the Flat Earth Society. But it was Derezo that mentioned it first. It's really his fault! Let's get him!!

TF: I'm dumb!

Trezker

Well god is probably still expanding the world. But I think he's on vacation now, nothings happened the latest 2k years. He might also be working on another world. Since his stunt with Jesus didn't make the world a better place.

23yrold3yrold

Urge to preach .... rising ....

X-G

First post: About drinking a gallon of milk.
Second to last (because chris's wasn't very insteresting): About God being on a vacation.

Whee! Off-topic? No way.

Trezker

Min religion har mycket inspiration från Herman Hedning.;D

Derezo

It wasn't my fault for taking the topic....off-topic! It was.. err.. Spellcaster!! Him and his strawberry cake bit.. !!!

There was only cheese cake and you know it!!!

Trezker

It was 23yrold who linked over to flat world deriving from a qoute of you.

23yrold3yrold

Yeah, Derezo; it's your fault!
(For those losing track, the topic is now childish finger-pointing)

Bob
Quote:

Nope.
I've visited the edge of the world. Quite nice there.

But if the world is a doughnut, then you're at the edge everywhere!
Or you might be eating the doughnut, hmm...

Derezo

...are you suggesting it was a strawberry doughnut, bob? And not a strawberry cheese cake?

Hmph.
Boo to you I say. Boo.

concludes the 80th post in a thread about milk

DanTheKat

If the world was a Doughnut then Homer Simpson would be God.

Yeah. What I said was wrong.

Trezker

Zai banre nory vande.;D

spellcaster

The world is not a doughnut. More like a pan cake.
If it would be a doughnut, you would see the part of the world in the sky if you're living in the hole area :)

BTW, am I the only one thinking from time to time, that some of the textures / tiles used in this world do not look very realistic?

Trezker

Well, I have seen some oddities in the textures sometimes. But I don't "waste" my time looking for it. Sometimes I see a text effect like in the Matrix but the font is so damn small.

And the reason we don't see part of the world in the sky is that noones ever been on the inside of the doughnut. You just get to the "edge" full of goodies, and noone thinks of looking up there.

kdevil

If the world was a donut, and Homer Simpson was God, the earth wouldn't last five seconds.

LoHoL

hey i'm back after a little week (not enough times to come here))
so if the world is a doughnut, what would happen if I eat it ?
Can I eat me ?

==> if i'm eating a doughnut wich is world then i'm eating myself while myself is eating the doughtnut so i'm eating...
so muich complications:o

NiteHackr

Just to go BACK on topic for a sec... someone mentioned that milk could be bad for you. You should read Susan Powter's book "Food", she has an interesting chapter about Milk that is a real eye opener and she shares Tom's opinion about milk not being required, only when you're a child and she lists some problems with drinking the milk they sell us these days. It was a real eye opener, I won't go into details in here, it would get real lengthy but if you need calcium, here is a list of foods that contain calcium (but without the fat and cholesterol (which is a problem for me):

1100mg (3.5 ounce) edible portions.
3Food Calcium in Milligrams
4------------------------------------------
5Sardines 443
6Almonds 233
7Amaranth Grain 222
8Hazelnuts 209
9Parsley 203
10Turnip Green 191
11Brazil Nuts 186
12Sunflower Seeds 174
13Garbanzo Beans 150
14Black Beans 135
15Pistachios 135
16Pinto Beans 135
17Kale 134
18Collard Greens 117
19Sesame Seeds 110
20Chinese Cabbage 106
21Tofu 100
22Walnuts 99
23Okra 82
24Brown Rice 33

Hmmm... looks like lots of sources for calcium out there. Wonder why we never hear about these and only milk.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Just to go BACK on topic for a sec

OK, second's over.

sc: how much more realistic can textures get if this 3D engine is our reality? Who here has been to the highest level of reality, and how good's the frame rate?

Derezo

Actually, I would say that the highest level of reality is on the sun.. It's awesome there.. but, the frame rate is rather slow.. it barely seems like anything is even moving. Too cold, too.. ;)

Heh, a little off-topic (*Grin*) but I hate it when players in an online RPG say that a spell or a skill isn't very realistic.. :-/

"That burning rain spell isn't very realistic.."
"That death coil doesn't look like a death coild looks."
"Y'know.. I've seen a fireball blast from a demon's hand many times.. and it just didn't look like that" :)

Zaphos

Our reality must have the best engine possible (because each other engine would have to be seen through our reality / our reality's engine), but it could still have a shoddy texture job . . .;D

Matthew Leverton
Quote:

Hmmm... looks like lots of sources for calcium out there. Wonder why we never hear about these and only milk

Yikes! I don't think I liked anything on your list. :) I think I'll stick with milk...

Gabhonga

hmm, that list lacks bananas?
however, I think that milk is really good for you...though I could'n drink 4 liters in an hour, I do well drink 3-4 l spread over the day...since 1 or 2 years, and before I had problems with my stomache, wich were solved by the milk...

banana milk is my favourite :-D (strawberry ain't bad either, but please get the fruit and throw it into a mixer yourself and don't buy that mxdonnaldx sh!t). there's also a fine recipe for a traditional indian/nepalese milk drink called "bhang lassi", wich features stuff like honey, a strange blend of spices and lots of ganja - and it tastes divine...

hmmm, I think the stinkieness/skunkieness milk triggers at people has to do with the unability to split up certain enzymes during digestion...it's genetically, and is particularly spread over asiatic people, I believe...it's just like many people's urine smells pretty strange when they ate asparagus, because this also has enzymes not everybody can digest...I've got no probs with milk, but asparagus is pure evil!

heh, also I've read not long ago that it is true that nicotine can have beneficial effects on your health, but only in small doses...I think like smoking one cigarette every day, not in one pice but a drag or two every few hours......this way even the lung can compete with all the stuff floating in.
it's just a pity that nicotine is so highly addictive, so I guess few people could stand this for long....

Derezo

If you started out smoking a cig a day, wouldn't you only "need" a cig a day? Then your craving would be satisfied, right? :P

sigh

I wish I could understand this whole addiction thing better. It seriously makes no sense to me..

Trezker

The engine that drives our world is the best we will ever experience unless we make a visit in our gods world. As far as we know, this engine might not even be considered good in their reality.

Derezo

Yeah, we're only living in 3D.. but it must be running with an Allegro 5 4D 128-bit graphics engine ;) ;D

Trezker

The gods have awsome computing power. The ultimate goal in my religion is to be taken in to their world and live among them and maybe be an "angel" with administrative rights in our world.;D

Derezo

Heh, I like the sound of that. "Administrative rights in our world".

Wouldn't that be fun - banning people at will. ;)

Zaphos

Hmm ... I wonder where one finds the cheater mods? 8-)

Ahh ... god mode, not to mention fly and no-clipping modes ... such fun ...

Trezker

Set gravity, Invisibility, Friendly fire, Invulnerability....;D

superstar4410

from milk to gravity,

wow,

I seem the common relation;D

can a topic ever stay on point (j\k):-*

the_y_man

pretty long thread...over 100 replies!!!

kdevil
Quote:

can a topic ever stay on point

Not here! Long live the Off-Topic forum!
;D;D;D;D;D

23yrold3yrold

Not here and not after so many posts.

We should try switching topics every 50 posts so the thread keeps growing. ;D What's the record here, anyway?

Hmmm .... I wonder if anyone here reads X-Men books ....

Derezo

Just to bring it "back on topic", ever see those old milk commercials (sp? doesn't look right) where they got that astronaught in space.. uhh.. can't remember his name (ugh.. he's from my home town!) and he's drinking milk? :P

That looked really kewl.... yeah :) It looks more like eating flying marbles than drinking milk ;D

jhuuskon

Once when I was a little kid physically (mentally I still am) I ate a marble. Hurt like hell going down and getting it out was none easier either. ;D

Oh yesterday was terrible.. I was out of smokes and out of money... The ultimate nervousness that followed... I think I think I haven't ever been that nervous without a reason not involving my addictions. That happens too if i can't satisfy my bass addiction too. (Neighbours love me for that ;D)

kdevil

I think the most-hugest-thread-ever record setter was something around 250-300 posts. I also think matthew locked it because it was just too big to continue.

the_y_man

Im addicted to guitar playing!

Zaphos
Quote:

I wonder if anyone here reads X-Men books ....

X-Men? Bah. Cool people read Squee!

Long live Jhonen Vasquez!

Bob

X-Men? Why read the books when you can watch the show? :)

23yrold3yrold

Please. The show does NOT compare.

WTF is Squee? And for the record, cool people read Transformers (assuming they can find a copy ;) )

Thomas Fjellstrom

Just like 'cool' people read startrek novels? I'm dumb!. How bout starwars novels? hehe.

Bob

23yrold3yrold: Probably not (I haven't read too much of the comics), but it's my understanding that they foced everyone who worked on the show to read through everything X-Men that they had produced 'till then just to get the right feel :)
(btw, I'm not talking about this "Evolution" crap that's currently running on TV).

Zaphos

Sqee is a kid who lives in a very dark world ... um ... lots of monters and things. By the guy who did JTHM and fillerbunny. Hard to describe ... your local comic shop (provided you have one) probably has something of one of these series ... anyway, it's good, but quite sick as well.

The writer also did the TV show Invader Zim.

Trezker

Cool people in sweden read Herman Hedning.8-)

WOW:
Just found this
[url http://www.stinkfactor.com/]
See the contest to the right!!
[/url]
Drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes!

Drink 1 Gallon of Milk within 30 minutes. No vomitting within 1 hour from start of challenge. Anything that comes up within 30 minutes from the start can be re-consumed. No food or water allowed during event.

:o

the_y_man

ugh! I could never drink one gallon of milk in 30 mins!

Thread #179999. Printed from Allegro.cc