Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » new mockup widget

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
new mockup widget
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It uses your system colors. Change them, and you'll be okay. Or edit your custom Allegro CSS to override your system.

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

I know it uses the system colours, just not when switching back from preview or spell check to the edit window. (That, or perhaps it's not assigning back the correct system colour?)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Oh, I see. I must have made the textarea transparent with the z-index of the system color layer staying behind the preview.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Looks great. Today I connected from school to check out some threads and saw that something has changed. But it looked crappy before I read this thread.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Weird bug: (Opera 9)
simply left-clicking (without dragging) on the bar that let's you adjust height will make the box a little longer.

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Same in Konqueror (like anyone cares :P) and also with right clicking.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Same in Firefox. It is a side effect of how he handles the mouse clicking I think, because if you notice, it grows only a little bit if you click in the top of the box, yet if you click as far down as you can it grows slightly more.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Here's a possible broken link. When you click on Post Reply and then decide you want to go back, but instead of hitting backspace, you click the link to the left of Reply (in this thread, it would be "new mockup widget"), you go back to the main page.

Opera 9.0

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

At first I was going to ask you WTF you're talking about, then I realized you aren't using the quick reply thing so you have to go to a separate page to post a reply. :-x

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Seems to work on IE 7 as well.

Edit. It would be cool to not have to go to a new page to edit your post. The basic Idea is like this:

1) Add an id parameter to the content div.

<div style="margin-top: 0.5em;" id="Post_635079">
Seems to work on IE 7 as well.
 <div class="signature">
  <a href="http://wipproject.zapto.org/cgi-bin/get?p=DOD" target="_blank">
   Dustin Dettmer
  </a>
  <span class="url"> [wipproject.zapto.org]</span>
 </div>
</div>

2) Add an id tag to the tag named <div class="forum-table"> on the edit-post page. Lets make it id="TheEditForm"
3) Make the edit link activate the function below named onEditClick passing in the post's ID code (the function assumes the format Post_######).

1//Gets the browser specific XmlHttpRequest Object
2function getXmlHttpRequestObject() {
3 if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
4 return new XMLHttpRequest();
5 } else if(window.ActiveXObject) {
6 return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
7 } else {
8 alert('redirect to edit page, this wont work for us.');
9 }
10}
12function onEditClick(idName)
13{
14 var postnum = idName.substring(5);
16 if (receiveReq.readyState == 4 || receiveReq.readyState == 0) {
18 var recieveReq = getXmlHttpRequestObject();
19 receiveReq.open("GET", '/forums/edit-post/' + postnum, false);
20 receiveReq.send(null);
21 getElementByID(idName).innerHtml = '<div class="forum-table" id="TheEditForm">'
22 + recieveReq.responseXML.TheEditForm.innerHTML
23 + '</div>';
24 }
25}

Javascript code is provided as-is.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

What DDustin said would be nice. ;D

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I've made changes to resolve some of the quirks that are within my control. Hit refresh to force an update.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Any news on the on-page edit feature?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

No more problems with the background colours!

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Perhaps you should make the 'help' button open up the mockup help in a "tab" of the widget, instead of a new window?

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

I dunno about that... I prefer having it pop up in a new window.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I thought it was really weird and crappy until I read this thread and refreshed. ;D
Nice work, carry on.

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

Quote:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but with the new input window Firefox loses it's data when you go forward then back, this was fixed. Can we have the old one back please

Same problem here, I've lost a long post because of an unwanted click (damn touchpad), and to my surprise the box was empty when I went back to the page (FF 1.5)

piccolo: "soon all new 2d alegro games will be better. after i finsh my MMRPG. my game will serve as a code reference. so you can understand and grab code from."
piccolo: "just wait until my invetion comes out its going to take the wii to the next leave of game play. it will run sony and microsoft out of busness if i dont let them use it aswell."

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It's a browser bug. There's nothing I will do about it.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Matt, I made an in-page editor plugin, but the update button doesnt work (neither do smilies, but thats an issue for another day).

Whats the simplest HTTP request I can send to update a post?

Hm, I see now you generate a token cookie 's' in what appears to be mangled js... cheap bastard..

P.S. Acc is all sorts of broken on IE7 (was using it for fiddler).

1   2 

Go to: